09 wrx (when ABS enabled the RPM's shoot up to 3500)? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

tizod4n is an unknown
Exclamation 09 wrx (when ABS enabled the RPM's shoot up to 3500)?

2009 WRX

Conditions: driving on snowy or icy roads I apply the brakes and then the ABS is enabled

Problem: the motor idles up to 3500 RPM with clutch pushed in

This happens everytime. Why is this? I have seen the exact same symtoms on an earlier post with someone who has a 2009 WRX as well. Please let me know if this is normal, and why. I will probably take it into the dealership at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXParamedic is an unknown
I would say it's normal for it to do it. I've never experienced it in mine but I did have a Saturn with a 5 speed automatic that would go into neutral on it's own when ABS was operating and engine would rev in order to provide more vacuum to the brake booster that feeds off the intake manifold and more amperage from the alternator to the electric ABS pump.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
Exactly what I was thinking. The electronic systems in the new cars now-a-days is quite mind boggling for how much they control. Increasing mechanical pressure (not the term I was thinking, but what WRXParamedic said is dead on in my thought process) for better performance. It's odd how the ABS system works since I have had it make funny noises when reversing down hills and using brakes, and it kicks in to an extent where there's some odd sounds, but no vibrations. I thought it was a bent rotor or something, but the dealership checked it out and said it was all good. Just need to get used to the machines running the systems I guess... If you still are uncomfortable with how it's acting just take it in and have the technician tell you what's going on. the sales guys are clueless and the managers will just feed you some easy to swallow b/s that is close, but not a full explaination.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Did you bother to read that post/thread? ABS & Engine Idle 2 guys with newer gen wrxs have said it's normal in that link.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement