09 WRX Warning lights - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

amandakropp is an unknown
09 WRX Warning lights

Over the past few weeks I've had 3 warning lights sporatically come on. Its always the ABS, Traction Control, and one with a car parked on a hill with a line through it (sorry, I have no idea what it is). The lights come on while I am driving and stay on until I shut the car off. Then, the car is fine for a week or so. I live in Wisconsin and am concerned that my ABS and traction control may not be working when I need them most. Any help would be fantastic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2011, 04:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Well your best bet is to take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it. Does the car still run fine with the lights on? Either way thats what your warranty is for.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#3 Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandakropp View Post
Over the past few weeks I've had 3 warning lights sporatically come on. Its always the ABS, Traction Control, and one with a car parked on a hill with a line through it (sorry, I have no idea what it is). The lights come on while I am driving and stay on until I shut the car off. Then, the car is fine for a week or so. I live in Wisconsin and am concerned that my ABS and traction control may not be working when I need them most. Any help would be fantastic!
^^Take it to the dealer and have them check it out. As for the the "car parked on the hill" (great feature) is for hill assist. Basically when you are starting out on a hill the car will momentarily hold the car in place so that you can ease into your take off instead of the old way or reviving higher to try and keep from rolling back.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD