08+ Wagon Owners - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
08+ Wagon Owners

I am getting ready to have my 3rd rear quarter glass (Passenger side this time) replaced. The first and second one came after hitting the gas a little bit around a left hand turn and torqued the car enough to crack them. This time I thought I was pretty safe, full strut tower braces and much more rigid car, broke another one after a little goose around a left hand turn. Anyone else have this happen? My car is pushing near 400whp and 385lb of torque. Anyone else on that body with the same horsepower? Dealer has said they have never seen it and showed me several sti's they had with many more miles on them. Wondering if it is just something I have to live with with this much torque on the car. It's frustrating because they always scratch the hell out of it trying to get the windows out and I have to follow it up with interior and body work . (The first time the glass people actually used a razor to cut the interior trim away, was a mess)
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I really don't think that's normal... I don't have quite the power you do but I'm still pushing 360ish torque. I don't see how that power can even make the body flex enough to just pop the little windows in the back, I feel the rear window would really be the one seeing all the stress.

Maybe try some rear diff bushings... You could just really be jarring the back of the car if that diff is really clunking.

-Chris
#3 Old 11-27-2011, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Possibly, the car does get pretty jarring when the wheels are skipping. But I would still think this would be seen in other wagons. I have not seen or heard of it anywhere else though is my problem.
#4 Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Just move your radiator to the rear of the car like the rallycross car and have air scoops on both sides like this:
http://www.specialstage.com/wp-conte...a_srtpost3.jpg

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#5 Old 11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
haha good solution.
#6 Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Always thinking outside of the box.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#7 Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jontheginger is an unknown
Have you thought about plexiglas glass or lexan? I don't know about getting them cut and fitted or price but I know we use it (plexiglas) in the army in our aircraft because its a bit more flexible than glass.