06 wrx no heat - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-02-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

heavy hauler is an unknown
06 wrx no heat

ok, i just bought this car last week. 58,000 miles, stock. drove the other night, worked great. now i go out start it, let it warm up. no heat. car shows its warm on the temp gauge. but blows cold. antifreeze is fine. but lower coolant hose is cold. mechanic said if the temp gauge show warm it's not the thermostat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-02-2010, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Engine should be fine, it's probably just an issue with the heating sytem itself- fan, switch, etc.

-Chris
post #3 of 7 Old 01-02-2010, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

carlos is an unknown
try checking the heater matrix as well mate
post #4 of 7 Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Sounds dumb, but it could be a disconnected vacuum hose near the fire wall. The hose will be a small in diameter,btw. I saw it happen twice to newer trucks at work. The air hose controls a flapper that changes the heating/cooling system with the dial on the middle dash. If the hose is disconnected, it stays in cooling mode. Other wise it would have to be a heater core, if your car is warm and your air is not. Do you still have a warranty? If yes...get them to check and hopefully fix it under warranty.

Edit: Btw, the lower and higher coolant hoses are going to be different temps. One is a return hose and one is a feed/supply hose. The upper hose carries hot coolant (a mixture of water and antifreeze) from the engine to the radiator to be cooled. The lower hose brings coolant that has been cooled in the radiator to the engine.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #5 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

busadave is an unknown
Dude,replace the thermostat and make sure theres no air in the system...the system isnt circulating.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

rety1-1 is an unknown
it could be the thermostats stuck closed couldnt it?
on my car the guage said it was hot and as soon as it started moving the guage went down turns out the thermostat was stuck open..
idk if it can get stuck closed but its just an idea.

wooot!!
new car!
'87 toyota supra turbo ;P
post #7 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

tknuuttune is an unknown
Just had a very similar problem on one of my other cars, gauge showed warm, but somedays I had heat, some days I didn't, and it was the thermostat.

My thermostat would get stuck open, which allowed coolant to flow constantly. Usually the thermostate is closed when the car starts, and once the engine reaches temp, it opens. Then it fluctuates open/closed to maintain engine temp. On mine the only thing out of the ordinary that happend was that the temp gauge took just a little bit longer to reach its typical level.

Before replacing anything $$$ I'd replace the thermostat first.