Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Problem Diagnosis (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f72/)
-   -   04 WRX - Fuel cut after 3600 RPM! (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f72/04-wrx-fuel-cut-after-3600-rpm-32695/)

bomoseh 07-02-2012 09:46 PM

04 WRX - Fuel cut after 3600 RPM!

Hi, first of this is my new subby! I just bought the car few months ago. The car came with some aftermarket parts, CAI, uppipe, downpipe and magnaflow exhaust. I bought Cobb Accessport to get it street tune but the car wont go. From 3600 to 4000 RPM it leans out to 23.00, even after decrease the boost around 10PSI and increasing fuel the car wont go past that. I uninstalled the cobb so the old map would be running but its doing the same thing now.
Please help! boost leak? upgrade fuel pump?

huschkem3 07-28-2012 07:27 PM

i am having the same problem on my car (08 WRX). it seems to be cutting fuel in all gears and feels gutless. i reflashed the ECU and it ran fine for a day. today it having the same problem. i can't figure it out. i am showing no CEL or any other symptoms. starting to get frustrated...

huschkem3 07-29-2012 03:11 AM

have you checked your BOV? could be a leaky BOV... i just got some advice on this topic on another thread. i will be adjusting tomorrow and see how it goes.

ya dig?

bad grocerygetter 07-30-2012 01:36 AM

Take the cold air and downpipe off. Flash to stage 1 map.(the one that comes preloaded on the ap) If you have the same issues you have something wrong with your car not the map you are using. I'm assuming you are trying to tune it yourself...?
If the issues go away, well then you might want to re-evaluate your tuning methods. Not at all trying to be rude. But that's the fastest way to see what's what.(and Cobb kind knows how to tune these things) Or just use the stage 2 map and start there to tune, making small adjustments and data log it one step at a time. Who did the last tune on the car? Can you take it back to them and see if they can shed some light? There is some info we could use to help diagnose this type of problem, main piece would be if you could post up a data log so some of the guys on here could see what its doing. Good luck man.

StealthTL 07-30-2012 09:20 PM

Plugged fuel filter will give all those symptoms.

If you 'increased the fuel' in the map and it still leans out (that's not 'fuel cut') it's the car not the map.

bomoseh 08-20-2013 10:58 PM

I forgot to login and tell you guys what was causing this. So while I was tuning the car, I guess the timing belt jumped a tooth and that was the reason of cutting at that RPM. Replaced the timing belt and put the timing right, the car was runing like a champ again.

boo-key 08-20-2013 11:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Not many people come back with a follow up on what the problem was. Its valuable information. Glad she's running like a champ again!