02 WRX many codes - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
The restrictor pill has to do with boost, and not the compression of the motor. . . Unless there's a magical part that I didn't know about. I would be more concerned that the numbers all match fairly closely on the compression test and not focus as much on the number specifically. It stands to reason you can just replace the parts that are bad, but you'll also want to figure out what caused it, if possible, so it doesn't happen to the new parts. If you're uncertain or unfamiliar with the parts you're going to be working with, get a shop to do it. Especially if it's as cheap as wagonracer says. I've never priced it out, but I'll do just about any repair on my car for that little money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-13-2010, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

02SlvrWgn is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to 02SlvrWgn
Thanks for the reply but I was actually referring to the restrictor in the head that reduces oil flow to the cams and buckets not the pill in the vacuum line. I had seen someone post on nasioc that you needed to clean the oil galley or galleries(idk about the spelling) in the head and use a rod to knock out the restrictors. Does anyone know about this?