Subaru WRX Forum banner

Would you be scared if you saw this in the rearview!

9K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  Outrider 
#1 ·
I love my wrx but it is still in kinda stock form (intake,bov,short shift) I no i would be scared if this came up on me.

Tell me what you guys think do you have any evo stories anybody smoke on lately?

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
IBAUCLAPla said:
Uhhh thats not true. You need to do quite a bit of modding to keep up w/ the stock EVO. The EVO is in between the WRX and STi. And already there are ALOT more high HP EVOs than STis. A modded EVO is no competition for a modded WRX IMO. But thats just my two pennies.
I was saying the JDM STi is more comparable to the Evo. Our US spec WRX's really pale in comparison with what Japan is doing with the EJ20 in stock form. Stock for stock a JDM STi can go toe to toe with the Evo (same sized engines, I'm not a huge fan of the EJ25, it detracts from the rally aspect of the WRX.)
This leads me to a good question, how is it that SRT-4's are allowed to participate in rally events when their engine is larger than 2.0 litres??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.