Subaru WRX Forum banner

Where's my helmet?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fidrat 
#1 · (Edited)
Last year in June I went to a SCCA autocross event near by as a spectator. I showed up about halfway through the event. As I entered the track it looked like nothing was going on. I was looking for a place to turn around when a man came running up wearing a stopwatch and holding a clipboard. He said if I sign this waiver I can go into the pit area and shoot the breeze with the other drivers. I signed and he pointed out where to go where the Subies were well represented.

As I watched I decided they were having WAY too much fun! I WANT IN!!!

I spent the past year and every spare dime I had getting the car in order. The car is PERFECT! I left the suspension alone (except for the endlinks that I broke) because I want to start with a clean slate and it's working fine. I upgraded the brakes a little bit. SS lines go on next weekend.

Now I need a helmet. They let you borrow one at the track but to me that's like wearing someone elses underwear.

I want my own. It needs a SA2010 or M2010 or later designation, I'd like an open face, under $200, something other than black or white. Blue would be nice but a cool graphic will do. All my searches have turned up only black or white. HELP!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Last I checked SA needs to pass flammability tests and roll cage impact tests, that makes it particularly difficult for open face models. If your ok with M rated lids Bell makes some pretty inexpensive M2015 certified lids with some crazy designs under the vortex line. They are too flashy for my tastes but they also offer one in white for $175. You could invest in some WRB paint for the extra $25.

Im with Epic, WRB helmet to match the car :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.