two track weekends in a row !! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
two track weekends in a row !!

I just got back from a NASA weekend at La Junta....lots to report, but too tired. I'll post a write up with photos very soon (like tomorrow probably). I also got in 80 - 85 laps at Arroyo Seco Raceway last Sat during their time attack weekend. At ASR it was nice to see some other WRXs out, but this weekend I was the only one....what's up with that !! Good night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
wow, I wish I had the tracks available to me, I look forward to reading your posts,

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
post #3 of 5 Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
They're not that "available". I travel anywhere from 200-600 miles to get to the tracks. worth the travel time though
post #4 of 5 Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
do you drive your car 200-600 miles and then track it? I would be too afraid that my car would break, and i would have to tow it 500 miles.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #5 of 5 Old 06-04-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Yep, I drive it to the track. I carry spares for the stuff I'm most likely to break, rotors, pads endlinks etc. And carry a decent supply of stuff (tape, chewing gum and fishing line) should I have to kludg something together to get home, like my IC hose last year.

I tend to break stuff about every 3rd or 4th weekend out. This weekend it kind of piled up on me, but getting home wasn't an issue, just stopping when I got there !! More fried brakes, which I planned for, as I was on old rotors and street pads. My new race pads didn't arrive on time. I'll get into details when I do my write-up.

When I grow up, I hope to have a credit card with a high enough limit to pay for a tow, should I ever actually need one !Laugh!