Texas Region SCCA event #2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-23-2007, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

squidz is more helpful than not
Texas Region SCCA event #2

Well, i took my broken car to the event anyway, and broke it some more. One of my coilovers broke, so i took my car to the event on stock wrx struts and springs, with my Neo-Gen street tires, and 300+ wheel horsepower. FYI, not the best combination for autocross.

Wound up with a bad wheel bearing and bent hub by the end of the day, but the car still made it through the event and all the way home.

The track was really fast this weekend, which is probably why my times were so bad, the car had too much time to stretch it's legs and i couldn't get the speed down fast enough to get a good line on the apex. Being my second autocross in an AWD car (used to autocross my 500+hp 300ZX Turbo) it is quite a different experience. With the amount of power the car is putting down, even on a stock suspension, it's still pretty tractable. I can tell you that i'm looking forward to my first event in the rain.

I finished 11th in my class out of about 25, not bad considering the setup i was working with, my best time was right on average with a 42.237. I think i'm gonna stick with the AWD car this season. It drags well (I'm currently 4th in the points for the Oreilly Bracket Series, ironically, my wife is in 3rd ), and is a lot of fun to autocross, even at a disadvantage.

These aren't great pics, but it's what i have...
Attached Images

--Squidz

Sonic Yellow Bugeye
a.k.a. - "Amber"