Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stacy > WRX Transmission.

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  IBAUCLAPlaya 
#1 ·
Well, I found the limits of the stock WRX transmission tonight. !Cry! I was in a grudge rematch with a Maxima at the strip tonight when I tried a new launching technique. I'll just put it this way, 1st gear doesn't care for 6500 rpm launches.

I'm pretty sure I sheared all of the teeth off. :eek: :poorme:

I guess it's time for some RA gears now.

#5 ·
Thanks for the support fellas. I've done a pretty fair bit of searching and I'm starting to lean towards the 03+ oem gearset. They're supposed to be stronger than the 02 and they're not too expensive. I could always do this though. :rocks:

#7 ·
They guy only wants 4k for everthing too! I'd say go for it if you got the 4k, I would.

As for getting a '03 gear set, they can't be much stronger then the '02 and I can't believe you are going to get them much cheaper(i'm taking new) then the RA gear set. I'd say its time to upgrade.

#9 ·
I have a little more thinking about RA sets before I get one. I'm really considering the STi swap. It's 4K, but it'll really help in the durability dept.

#11 ·
You can purchase the STi RA (Special Edition) Gearset from Gruppe-S for $1350 which will retain the stock 4th and 5th WRX gears, (all cryotreated) which will save your gas mileage. This would also allow for more aggressive driving, due to the increased strength of the gears.

Blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.