SCCA soloII classing ? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
SCCA soloII classing ?

Allright, I'll admit it. I'm a total newb at autoX, and new to the SCCA way. I can't figure out where my wagon classes for SoloII. Here's the scoop on my car: '02 Subaru WRX wagon with Up pipe, down pipe, stock exhaust the rest of the way back, ECU re-flash, light weight main pulley, intercooler samco Y-hose, turbo inlet hose. Suspension consists of camber plates, front strut brace, Koni adjustable inserts, aftermarket springs, sways and endlinks on street radials. The car is classed TTD for NASA time trials.

Can anybody tell me what class I should register in ? thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
itseither going to be ESP or SM im not sure on the pulley and intercooler hose and inlet hose. Everything else would put you in ESP just not sure about those. Both of those classes run big massive race tires, which are ridiculously better than street tires. I know your a good driver but race tires make even crappy drivers look good on the autoX course. You may want ot find out if your region has a Street Tire Modifier. It is hit or miss but the region I race in here has it. Its designated by a "T" in front of your class. It gives you back a little time in order to compete with the guys rolling on huge R compounds.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#3 Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
In the TN region im in SM. You need to log onto the region's web page or forum and find a post about classing your wagon.

Tom
'05 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Cobb AP Stg 2

RIP baby....Here I come STi.
Stupid deer.
#4 Old 07-09-2008, 08:57 AM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
ESP w/ what you describe

things that knock you out of STX are the intercooler hose, ecu tune (in STX you can tune the ecu but only for timing and A/F- can't touch any of the boost paramters

the other "sticky" thing is there are new rules (actually a "clarification") concerning emissions- the old rule said you had to have one cat in place (didn't matter which one) and could be no further downstream than 6" of the furthest oe one. Now you can't run any cel defeaters- either mechanical or ecu- which people are finding out generally means running two cats (w/ the O2 sensor behind the last cat), in addition the have deemed the egt probe in the uppipe as emission equipment needed- so that means a gutted stocker or an uppipe w/ a provision for the egt probe.

the clarification basically sucks and has a lot of WRX folks migrating out of STX- which was probably part of the plan of the "clarification"

ESP has traditionally been the pony car class- camaros/mustangs- when fully prepped they are very formidable. ESP has no limit on wheel or tire width and R compounds are allowed.

What I like about ESP is that it matches up nicely for a car that is going to be used at the track- allows uprated radiators, uprated intercolers and you can fully tune the ecu including boost parameters.

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
#5 Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks for the replies. I'm not likely to get super competitive with this, and am fine with being an underdog in ESP. Me and my wagon are ready to take on the pony cars, even with street radials ! I need to find out if the RG region has a tire modifier. My car probably would have been pretty well prepared for ESP before I de-modded it, and was still on DOT Rs. I guess if I get hooked, I might think about prepping it down to STX or max out what I can do in ESP, but for now, I'm just looking to have fun.
#6 Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
that's the best approach, see how you like it- your not that far off of STX if you decide to become more involved OR simply further prep for ESP

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
#7 Old 07-10-2008, 02:15 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Best of luck to you wagonracer. Look forward to some great pics and interesting stories.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"