Subaru WRX Forum banner

SCCA Runoffs - Touring2 Race (STi's 1st and 2nd)

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IBAUCLAPlaya 
#1 ·
I don't know if any of you watched the SPEED Channel's coverage of the SCCA Runoffs the past few months, but I had recorded the Touring 2 race and finally got around to watching it. The race took place at Mid Ohio, the last event of the year. Holy crap what a race!

STi's finished 1st and 2nd, with a Firebird finishing 3rd. The results, though worth bragging about among Suby owners, doesn't tell the whole story though - the race itself was amazing. The race winner, Chuck Hemmingson, and the third place Firebird driven by veteran Don Knowles were battling throughout most of the race. Hemmingson's exhaust was hanging low due to a bump from behind on the first lap and you didn't know if he was going to be black-flagged because of it (track marshals usually black flag cars that could be dangerous to other drivers). The second place STi driven by Kristian Skavnes had some damage as well. It looked as if the Subarus were just holding together to finish the race.

During the last couple of laps, the Firebird almost got around Hemmingson's STi, and in fact bumped him a little. Hemmingson made a remarkable recovery and held him off. Again, what a race. It was easily the best race of all the Runoffs that I watched. I'm becoming a big fan of Touring 2 these days. Hope others got a chance to watch it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.