road racing? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sean5837 is an unknown
road racing?

i won't to start to race my car just to see what it can do and to have fun. were is the best place to start at do i need to join a race club. i have look at somethings but they all won't alot of money. i do not mine if i have to pay alittle bit to start up. I maybe able to race 2 or 3 times a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
Are You Serious. Why You Don't Need To Pay To Race Your Car. Why Why? Just Go Out And Have Fun. If Some Idiot Wants To Try To Beat You Then Go For It Race Him. You Already Pay Money For Mods/ Gas/damagedparts, Which Increase While Racing.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
i would personally never track my daily driver. for many reasons.

but, if you want to do some occasional track driving and dont want to invest very much i would join a club like SCCA. or you can join a subaru club and do the occasional track day.

if you want to actually get a little serious, and actually want to be competitive and put down quick constant lap times you need to take a class and get some professional instruction. there are far to many facets of race car driving you simply can not teach yourself.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Holy cow - one guy uses no caps, one guy uses them when they aren't necessary! I'm getting a headache reading this thread

Here's where you need to go:
http://www.nasarockymountain.com

SCCA costs a lot and is more for people looking to jump into racing with a big budget. NASA is better for those just getting started and only wanting to race occasionally. They help you learn as you go without having to attend an expensive race school before you can start competing. You start out with an instructor on track and move your way up into the faster groups at your own pace, then you get your racing license when you're ready. Let me know if you have any questions, as I help out NASA here in the Rocky Mountain region.

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
post #5 of 7 Old 08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
no offense but NASA races can be scary. they will let anyone out of the track.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Maybe it depends on the region. Out here they're extremely safe as far as racing goes. I know in Norcal the events are pretty packed. But I had never heard much about unsafe situations when I was out there.

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
post #7 of 7 Old 08-10-2007, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

well its the race as a whole that is a questionable. maybe it is because there are so many more attendees out here that it makes it different. but i see lots of car contact in the few nasa races i have seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement