Subaru WRX Forum banner

Road race, autoX, or drag?

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  renichms 
#1 ·
Which interests you most? Will you be entering any events this winter, or even next summer?

#2 ·
Track Days and Auto-X.

Drag racing is a bit of a joke. It's just about how much money you can spend to get more power. Track Days and Auto-X are more about skill, than power. Given, there is some skill involved in drag racing, but let's be honest here... ;-)

#3 ·
Autox is done for the year here (montana), but will resume in April. Plan on hitting some rally-x's next spring/summer as well. Will also hit the drag strip, at least once to say I've done it and have a base line where power mods are concerned. Maybe a track day as part of a vacation- will have to travel some to get to one.

What a great car- you can race it in dam near any venue and if set up properly (with a good driver ofcourse) will be competetive.

Big Sky

#15 ·
03WRB2NR said:
what is SCAA and what are the benefits.. and where can i see some drifting action around my area?...:confused:
As a new WRX owner you should be able to get a free years membership in the SportsCarClubof America. It is a grassroots organization that promotes both amatuer and professional racing- Solo (autox), Rally, Roadracing. You get a years subscription to a very good magazine, reduced entry fee rate at autoxs, opportunities for driving schools, etc

Don't know a thing about drifting.

Big Sky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.