Race tires on rims, ready for next week - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
metros id do tires before suspension. suspension does you no good if you can transfer the grips to the ground.

this weekend im running as long as i get my clutch fixed.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 04-24-2007, 12:23 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006WRXTR View Post
Well, the tires were awesome. Amazing the difference with them as opposed to OEM. Granted, everyone I talked to told me they were going to be great, but once I experienced it for myself.... amazing. Sticky.

As for 'running stock'... uh, that's a no. Unfortunately, I modded my car prior to even realizing my interest in Autocross. With that said, my doing Autocross has stopped me from modding any more. In fact, I will eventually create a custom map that will not increase boost levels... I think that will get me into the STU class; need to research that a little more. But this is not a rush. I am just going to stay in novice for the rest of the season and do my best to increase my skill.

As for Sunday's event; I ended up in 4th place out of 19 in the novice division. I believe I had the fastest time in this class, but my PAX for ESP is not so great. No big deal. I really enjoyed myself. My best time was the one run when I was by myself; the other runs I had my wife, my father-in-law, and a friend as passengers... one at a time; not all in the car at once. That would be funny though.

And I took out the child seat this time.
Glad to hear you're out there beating the pavement into submission ! Sticky tires rock, don't they ? Just remember though (from Ross Bentley) "If your car feels like it's riding on rails, you're not driving fast enough !" That's one I'm having to learn....with better grip, there's not much warning when you reach the limit. It's almost a worth it to spin once or twice just to find that limit, because it's a lot faster than I thought it would be. Keep having fun out there Rich
post #18 of 18 Old 04-24-2007, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
Glad to hear you're out there beating the pavement into submission ! Sticky tires rock, don't they ? Just remember though (from Ross Bentley) "If your car feels like it's riding on rails, you're not driving fast enough !" That's one I'm having to learn....with better grip, there's not much warning when you reach the limit. It's almost a worth it to spin once or twice just to find that limit, because it's a lot faster than I thought it would be. Keep having fun out there Rich
The tires do rock, plain and simple. Next, I need a racing harness as I was moving around in the seat a bit much. More, more, more mods!

I heard about the how the traction loss on slicks is sort of quick; that there is less warning. Good advise; I must spin out!

When I was racing in this last event, running through the cones in the slalom portions; it just felt like I could not move that steering wheel fast enough. Left, right, left, right. Fun.

There is another AutoX coming up on May 6th at the Texas Motor Speedway bus lot. Suppose to be really quick due to its large size. Looking forward to the event.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source