Subaru WRX Forum banner

practice

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Lost One 
#1 ·
I practiced at the track on sat, It rained on the morning, so the track was completely wet. After about 10 laps, the surface of the road was getting dry. I started my timing. Because I want to have a better time, so I rush myself a bit. then I was turn in too fast. my car having over steer, then I give some throttle in the same time all four tires had no traction and I was drifting in a small angle. Suddenly the front tires just griped the road and the rear still sliding, as you know on the wrx we dont have to counter steer like rear wheel drive when we are having over steer. so my steer wheel was still turning in the same direct as the turn. and my rear of the car just swing about 90 degree. and I spanned.....first time on track. And my best time was 1:42.6 at reno frenly racy with one passager and 225/45/17 avs es100 tires, 45psi front and 42 psi rear. But I wore out my brake pad.

#6 ·
Lost One said:
Awesome!

I'm looking forward to some open track days around these parts in the spring after, A. The snow melts :notgood: , and B. I get my car build done. !Thumbs Up

Would love to see some video!
AH! good old putnam park, i have laps around that track. thats the one thats privatly owned right? its on some guys personal property. that place is in the cuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.