Subaru WRX Forum banner

new to the game

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  rob250 
#1 ·
I just bought a 02 wrx, and love it! I was reading some of your post and it seems like i should be running anywhere between 15.00 to 14.30's stock! I have already put a Tanabe Racing cat-back, blitz ram air, turbosmart BOV, and Greddy Turbotimer on it.
This is my first 5-speed and turbo car and i ran a best of 15.51@93.94MPH with a 60-Ft of 2.880.
I dont know what i'm doing wrong? i leaving the light around 2000-2300 RPM's shifting around 6500rpm's
Should i be leaving at a higher rpm? or shifting later? Any help would be great.

#3 ·
Yeah man, you need to launch at a much higher rpm. Use that AWD to it's fullest ;)

You also need to remember that it takes lots of practice to get good at drag racing. I guarantee that if you keep working at it, you will get better each time you run. My best 60ft time in my FWD Integra was a 2.1s so once you learn how to effectively launch your car you should get much better times from her. Good luck and keep practicing!

#6 ·
my new times!

I told you guys i was going back to the track, and i went back last night and ran one good time i got the revs up to about 4700-5000 and had a 60ft of 2.0, 1/8 mile 9.336 @77.81 and cross the 1/4 at 14.332 @ 98.63!
Thanks for the suggestion guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.