NASA calendar - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
NASA calendar

All of the regions for NASA are posting their calendars, and its never too early to get ready

Almost all of NASA's dates will include race groups and Time Trials, but more importantly to any of you aspiring track addicts, HPDE. If you are not familiar, the HPDE (high performance driving event) is an opportunity to take your car out on on track, with an instructor at first, and learn some high speed driving technique. After completing at least one weekend with the instructor you get a chance to move up through the groups (1-4) with speeds and passing zones increasing with each level.

NASA is offering a comp school with the March date for those of us that have accumulated enough track time to qualify. Experience with other race organizations is taken into consideration too. Passing this school will entitle you to a provisional race licence, something that often can't be aquired without attending a school that costs thousands.

It is time to start preparing for the schedule. I am trying like mad to get my car equipped with the required safety gear in time, but will rent a car to do the school if I have to. I've got a stack of suspension parts, DOT R tires, and stuff for fabbing brake ducts, a front splitter etc. waiting for a bit of clear weather to be installed. I will likely go with an Autopower bolt in 6 point cage, along with fire gear, window nets etc. If you don't want to go full bore, you can get out there with just some decent tires and brake pads and a little reading to get with the program.

My reasons for trying to promote these events are many, including that it is simply the most fun you can have with your clothes on, NASA is an awesome group etc. I also would love to see more Subies out there, especially wagons !! There is nothing more fun than passing a Vette, or out running a Porsche in a practical car. Please join me