My First Auto-X
Coming up in 3/18/07...
I have had the car since November of 2005 and prior to that never had a turbo or awd or manual before that. So I am by far from an experienced driver. I am a protuned stage2 currently with no suspension mods. I am on Pzero nero M+S tires with some tread left. Going to the auto-x event to see if its for me. So this is what I will prepare with.
1) Tire pressure: Front 42 Back 38
2) Sit closer than normal with seat belted locked in.
3) Use my ABS often.
4) Eat some cones.
5) Sit in on other people's non time trials.
6) Walk through the course, draw the course, study the course.
7) Look 2-3 cones ahead.
8) Avoid a full tank.
9) Clean out anything loose in my car.
10) Launch the car. (This may be a problem seeing that I've only tried a couple times.)
11) Turn earlier and less.
12) Brake earlier and less.
All this is just some of my checklist. Going to have to take an Advil for this event with so many things to remember.
Oh and I was thinking of buying some 98-01 6-spoke RS wheels. What are some good R-compounds to wrap them in since they will be for auto-x only. Something economical please!