Subaru WRX Forum banner

How to go fast

5K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  italiansaint 
#1 ·
Hey, I just got a 2005 subaru wrx sti and I am really loving it. So naturally I would like to go stretch its legs by going to the track. I was just wondering if any of you knew what the best setting for the dccd would be for the drag strip.

#15 ·
I was THIS (hold two fingers about an inch apart) from buying a black STi with silver rims when my tranny crapped the bed, then I found out the payments! but that is one sweet ride!!! gotta love the clean black look!!!

#20 ·
Having never driven an STI but having experience with drag racing and older muscle cars I'll throw in my opinion. If I were you I'd take the car out one day and practice launching it with as much power to the rear wheels as possible and if you don't get any wheel spin that's what you want. If you do spin the wheels move up to the next setting. Basically the idea is to get as much power to the rear as possible without spinning the wheels, that should get u the best launch and get your 60' times the lowest.

Nice Car !Thumbs Up
Underglo=Bad Move

#21 ·
from my last experience at the track you should leave the drivetrain on auto the computer will compensate better than you can, actually the only time you should use 50/50 is in the snow or other bad weather. Make sure and practice your launch, my best time was by dumping the clutch at 6000 with a time of 12.6 but it's not worth taking the chance of breaking something important. I was still in the high 12's with fanning the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.