GrimmSpeed L at BIR - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

GrimmSpeed is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to GrimmSpeed
GrimmSpeed L at BIR

We went up to BIR to put the Project L(GrimmSpeed Project L) through its paces in a prolonged track setting. Mike and Derek Wagner(Wagner Race Products) were working as instructors for a driving school at the track but had plenty of time to run the L in the afternoon (Derek will be driving the L at various events this season).

We essentially wanted to bring the car up to BIR to run a few shakedown laps to make sure the car is solid. I've put some abuse into it on the street but we needed to verify it was solid on the track as well. The night before Wagners came to pick it up i was able to get the front Brembos installed on the car(thanks carl s.). Being how light it is(i think we are down around 2700 flat now) it stops amazing..Derek even had them smoking on a few laps

Derek is a very talented driver. Its amazing how smooth and fast he is through the twisties. Its the usual "there is no way we are going to make that" but then he hits the line perfect and off he goes.

We found a few items that need immediate improvement. First we need to speak with BC Racing so they can give us a starting point for fine tuning the coilovers. Secondly we need to put the rear brembos on. When Mark Utecht(Mayhem Racing - SCCA ProRally) took the car out he had stated that he wished the rear would come out more during braking. I was able to get the rears all installed yesterday. Right now a wing would be really nice. We are going to start researching wings that are high enough to get above or even with the roof line so we can get into clean air.

Again thank you to Carl for the pictures, Derek for piloting the car on the shakedown, and the entire Wagner family for their hospitality(oh and their trailer )....myself and the rest of the GrimmSpeed team look forward to the future of what we have put together.

Justin

Doing a little wrenching in the pits

Derek coming down pit lane (thumbs up!)

hanging out in the Wagner's trailer

pushing through the corner

Strategy session

GrimmSpeed

Last edited by GrimmSpeed; 06-25-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

GrimmSpeed is an unknown
The L was chasing down Porsches all day

Justin taking a couple laps

spec fords

lot's of vette's and porsches at the track

loading the car up at the end of the day

feel free to check out the rest of the gallery:
carl-s : photos : BIR 6/23/08- powered by SmugMug

GrimmSpeed

Last edited by GrimmSpeed; 06-25-2008 at 11:03 PM.
#3 Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice pictures. Its awesome to hear that everything has come together so well. Best of luck with sorting the little things out.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Looks like it was a lot of fun, do you plan on taking your car to Road America anytime soon in Elkhart Lake, WI?
#5 Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

GrimmSpeed is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Nice pictures. Its awesome to hear that everything has come together so well. Best of luck with sorting the little things out.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
Looks like it was a lot of fun, do you plan on taking your car to Road America anytime soon in Elkhart Lake, WI?
actually of few of the guys in the shop really want to take it over there so we'll probably end up there at some point. i hear its a very nice track.

GrimmSpeed
#6 Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Right on Justin, the car looks great ! I' haven't been around these forums in a while, but I'm soon to be back on track with the wagon while my spec944 POrSche racer is still broken, sitting in Chicago 1300 miles away I got my NASA instructors license in May and will be doing TT again (classed down to TTD). I just did my timing belt, clutch (yes it really lasted 115k !) steering rack boots and front wheel bearings. A new set of tires goes on tomorrow, and Ka-Pow ! I'm ready to embarrass the Porsches and Vettes again. The early design GrimmSpeed high-flow crossover pipe is still working great, BTW.
#7 Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
actually of few of the guys in the shop really want to take it over there so we'll probably end up there at some point. i hear its a very nice track.
Let me know if you go, I would love to come see the car in person. I was just there last weekend for the sprint races and it seems like a great track. Too bad I was 1 of only 2 suby's up there

I would also like to compliment you on your buisness, I just got my tgv deletes in yesterday. A+ quality along with the service. I look forward to ordering a few more things from Grimmspeed.