Getting a sponsor | Best practices - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 Old 05-14-2007, 02:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
i cant even run on the track its so annoying not many companies are interested in sponsoring an autoX car. i hate being underaged haha.

it also doesn't help when im talking to these people and the age thing comes up either.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 05-14-2007, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Cullen: Unfortunately, I only have your dryer-variety lint in my pockets. Makes for good insulation, but that is about it. If you are lucky, a dollar may be attached to it.

As for sponsors, basically, I have been reviewing the 'types' of people that attend the events I enter, and why they are there. I am just trying to gain a little insight into the whole scene and hopefully will be able to put a marketing package together that will show that certain products will have a high acceptability rate with this group. Once that is determined, I will approach companies of the same ilk but that are not currently represented at the events.

Or something like that...

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
post #18 of 22 Old 09-09-2007, 02:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Import2Race is an unknown
post #19 of 22 Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
the best way to get a sponsor is by creating a resume with your racing background..i dont have any car sponsors but i definatly have more then a few for motocross..also pictures definatly help too.
post #20 of 22 Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

KHoff7 is an unknown
when I got sponsored for RC racing I just sent them a resume with some refrences with other racers that I know that are better than me, a week later theres the reply of my sponsorship
post #21 of 22 Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Import2Race View Post

this really makes me furious, this started out a really good thread on sponsoship, now this guy comes in here and spams it up, how is looking at your lame ass web site going to help anyone get a spnosor, or learn anything at all about wrx's in general? I mean, if you want to talk technical shit, then cool, do it, but if you are on here to plug your stupid ass ricer site then you should kill yourself dude.

oh, and by the way, the letter with pictures(and the "letter" primarily being a resume') will help a ton with dealing with sponsors. they want to know how much publicity you can get for them, the more the better.

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
post #22 of 22 Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

loser05 is an unknown
IMO i would say if u are looking for a sponsor for parts u would be best trying to get a local shop... even just a normal mech who will beable to give u discounted price ( what he pays for them ) and then X amount off of install.

also any local stores or anything where you are from are a prime idea if the car u are going to be racing is a daily driver, b/c u can point out that u will be driving it around the town all the time and be giving them advertising.

remember billboards and such often cost 1500/month. so if u put there name on ## car for a year.... well u get the idea.

also remember if they say 1200 is to much u can always try to be like well i will give u the hood slot on the car for 800 or something like them give them less space and offer a lower price.

remember this is a tax wright off for them. and the more they can wright off the better for them.

also if u go to them at the start of the year its usally better b/c they set aside X amount for advertising then and if it gets used up by march then thats it no more.

Loser.