Getting a Porsche to race in ! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 42 Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just got my extra set of wheels and my exhaust listed for sale. I'm even trying to sell my brake ducts (if somebody is too lazy to make 'em for themselves !) Geez, the car is kind of stock again Except for all the stickers. Those are staying on until the other car is ready, to keep my sponsors happy. Thanks for the bids guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 Old 07-03-2007, 12:12 AM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
well that should be fun I run a couple of events every year w/ the PCA- great group of guys- lots of 944/924's in the bunch- strong cars no doubt.

post pics of the car when you get it!

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
post #18 of 42 Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
The Toyota and the rest of my junk is sold ! The Porsche will be paid off tomorrow and it's scheduled to get caged on Aug 1 I scored 6 used RA1s with 70% tread for $250 from another racer, and a set of 15X7 phone dials off of E-bay. I got offered a fire suppression system on a sponsorship deal, waiting to see if they come through. I was just going to buy a bottle and a bracket, but a full system would be tits ! My to-do list isn't too bad

Cage/padding
install seat/harness
weld sunroof
window and right side nets
fire extinguisher/system install
kill switch
rear tow eye
disable steering lock
new driving suit/shoes
appropriate safety stickers
new vinyl for the sponsor logos
AC delete/move alternator
Drain antifreeze/water wetter

I'll give the car a good going over, especially the brakes. Probably braided steel lines and Super Blue right away. I'll go with cheap pads for now (or what's on it). The guys say these cars are easy on brakes. (I don't think you have to use them much, as the 944/924s don't have enough power to get out of there own way )

My wish list before our August race at MPH (Hastings) is just a Weltmeister rear swaybar set-up, and an exhaust cut-out. I doubt I'll be able to swing those in time though I'll be piece-mealing the suspension all winter, but the most I could spend going full spec, top of the line stuff is around $1800. The torsion bar rear end has me a little nervous, as I've never worked on one. I can't wait to drive again !

The wagon's all back together, replacing the blown UP was all I had left to do. Got it done in about 4 hours !! The car feels great, and it's really tempting to run another TT weekend in it, especially since there's still a little rubber on my DOT Rs. I'm going to resist though, to get the race car all together in time. Cheers
post #19 of 42 Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 AM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
sounds like things are falling into place nicely

don't forget to to get it on a rack- good alignment a must do

let's have a peek of her!

Mike

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
post #20 of 42 Old 07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
+1 on the photos!

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
post #21 of 42 Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

The car's still 300 miles away, but I'll snap some shots when I go up to get the seat mounted. Thanks Mike, I'll be going back to Chet's for an allignment. Those guys rocked on the wagon. I'm told that you can get +5 caster with the stock set-up I've got to get some recommended #s from the racers, I'm not sure about toe amounts on a fairly light RWD car. Cheers
post #22 of 42 Old 07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
im jealous.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #23 of 42 Old 07-19-2007, 01:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

just dont let this happen to you:
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/06...che-driver.htm

porsche drivers are weird.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
Now I got nothing.
post #24 of 42 Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
hahaha thats funny hes freaking out
post #25 of 42 Old 07-19-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
just dont let this happen to you:
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/06...che-driver.htm

porsche drivers are weird.
that's a hilarious video, search for the "I was seventh" video also a riot. The whole "Nemesis" thing is big on our NASA forums, especially since that video is from MAM where our last event was. I hope that driving a (cheap)German car doesn't cause too much psychosis in me

I just got 6 used Toyo RA1s in the mail today

I found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyr6VDaaWJE very fargin' funny !!
post #26 of 42 Old 07-20-2007, 02:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

thats pretty funny. but sad at the same time. they gridded him wrong so they snd him to the back. wtf

Robby
02 rex is gone.
Now I got nothing.
post #27 of 42 Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

All right, I finally got the car home and have my work cut out for me, but I am pretty damned excited about it. I'm not going to go into technical details re what I'm doing on the build here in these forums, because it would be inappropriate. Here are a few pics, to see what I've got to work with. My only upgrade so far, is the rear view mirror, throwing the power steering pump in a dumpster, and a steam clean under the hood. I'm going to track the car on the 29th to see what I can break, and hopefully have it prepared for a race weekend at Sandia, Oct 20th-21st. I'll probably be able to pass tech with safety gear after this weekend

[IMG]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/IMG]

post #28 of 42 Old 09-19-2007, 03:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Looks like a decent base to start with. Good luck with everything.
post #29 of 42 Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
WRXpert

Looks good- they got the cage nice and tight to the chassis Looks like some work ahead- fun work! Do you have a rough fighting weight?

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
post #30 of 42 Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

looks sweet man.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
Now I got nothing.