Subaru WRX Forum banner

first track day

5K views 36 replies 3 participants last post by  kawaigng 
#1 ·
I am going to text drive at the reno fernley raceway's road course wh a instructor at 26th. And that is my first track day. My purpose is to get the competition lience. do you guys have any experince or is there have anything I should be caution?

#32 ·
Except for this one class, you're pretty much self-taught, right? You seem really determined and into this, so we're cheering for you.

When you get to Infineon or Laguna Seca, take pics and let us know how you do. As far as sponsors, at the level you'll be starting at... make every friend you can. Network and talk to people. It's about being fast, but also about whether or not someone likes you and wants to help you out. Mike Borkowski got to be pals with Bobby Rahal. The former Chairman of my company liked Rahal and had been backing him for awhile (this is before he got all goofy and went IRLing with Princess Danikova Patrick). We continued to back Rahal, but also sponsored Borkowski in Indy Lights and Trans Am. Now he's on his own in one of the NASCAR series. He was lucky, though not all that good. So sometimes being lucky beats the hell out of just being good.

Good luck to you. !Thumbs Up

#33 · (Edited)
Jag_Warrior said:
Except for this one class, you're pretty much self-taught, right? You seem really determined and into this, so we're cheering for you.

When you get to Infineon or Laguna Seca, take pics and let us know how you do. As far as sponsors, at the level you'll be starting at... make every friend you can. Network and talk to people. It's about being fast, but also about whether or not someone likes you and wants to help you out. Mike Borkowski got to be pals with Bobby Rahal. The former Chairman of my company liked Rahal and had been backing him for awhile (this is before he got all goofy and went IRLing with Princess Danikova Patrick). We continued to back Rahal, but also sponsored Borkowski in Indy Lights and Trans Am. Now he's on his own in one of the NASCAR series. He was lucky, though not all that good. So sometimes being lucky beats the hell out of just being good.

Good luck to you. !Thumbs Up

thank you, jag. Yes, I did study by myself before the class and I like driving so I want to do that as my hobby, my purpose so far is to get a competition license. Actually I think I am pretty lucky, because I am kind of having 1 sponser now. He is my buddy, and he has a shop so I will get the parts very cheap and labor free. Because the wrx is my daily driving car so in this level I will take that to some solos or high performance driving events, but I wont take that to the auto crosses, because I still making payment and I dont want to have a roll cage in that. The most important thing is I dont want to crash it. So me and my buddy are planning to built a EG6 project race car. Half on each. Because of his connection, we can get the car or parts as cheap as possible and labor free. We are thinking swap the b16b ctr engine and that is the most expensive part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.