Driving School at VIR - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-05-2008, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

matt323 is an unknown
Driving School at VIR

I have a question and would appreciate any input.
I am going to be taking my 07 WRX wagon to a 2-day BMW Club Road Course Driving School at VIR in a week, and was concerned about brakes. Specifically concerned about fluid (boiling possibility), fade, etc.... Anybody have any input, or should I be fine w/ stock fluid/pads (approx 14k mil on vehicle). Any additional last minute suggestions for my track day would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
some answers here
First time track day
Change your brake fluid to a high performance fluid like ATE super blue, and Axxis ultimates are a track worthy, inexpensive pad ( I use them on the TT wagon and my Porsche race car) You can get by with just changing the fronts, for starters.

Get a good nights sleep, and be as prepared as possible. Those two will make a BIG difference on how much you'll get out of it. Have a blast.... VIR is such an awesome track
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

matt323 is an unknown
Thanks for the input, I was advised to go with hawk HT-10's or Blues, but at $200 for fronts only I think I will look into those
post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

matt323 is an unknown
Hey, you know anywhere to pick up the Axxis pads?
post #5 of 6 Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt323 View Post
Hey, you know anywhere to pick up the Axxis pads?
Sorry for the slow reply. I get them from Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto, best price anywhere, and they're fast getting stuff out.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

matt323 is an unknown
Thanks for the input, I ended up changing the brake fluid for synthetic with stock pads. It was definately a little less than confidence inspiring... and about half way through the weekend the pedal started feeling rather spongy (I guess thats the fluid). I managed to have a minor off-track excursion into turn one trying to compress my brake zone a little bit. Now that I'm through complaining about my brakes, definately had a great time, car performed well and I do love the track.