Autocross Tire Pressure - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ducks is an unknown
Autocross Tire Pressure

So I did autocross for the first time yesterday with my 09 wrx and I had way to much under steer. I want to see what PSI people are running in stock or street tires. So if you could post your front and rear Tire PSI and what type of tires your running would really help me out. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Standard tire pressure, but raise your sway bar diameter (at least in the rear).

-Chris
#3 Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
No, for auto-x you want increased psi.... pending on the tire.... "most" have 44 max or 50 max.

You need to do what benefits YOU the most. I ran 2 sets in auto-x. BFG KDW2's at 38psi all the way around untill after the first run. Then put them up to 40. The RE01r's I ran, they took more pressure and ran about the same pressure on those...

Never run less than stock and never exceed the max.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Generally a good starting point for the WRX is 85% of max PSi in the front and 80% of max in the rear. Adjust up or down as needed from there. Note, for the stock tires, that's considerably more pressure than the dealer recommends.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#5 Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
I run 42 front and 40 rear, but you need to monitor tire contact and adjust accordingly. Chalk your tires and watch them. You want the tire to run right on the arrow or tread indicator on the edge of the tread. The pressure will change a bit on tire brand/model/dimension.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#6 Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yep, always run a little more in the front than the rear - a big reason is because there is much more weight up there (engine, duh). If you rotate your tires front and rear every other oil change or at least occasionally, you can change your tire pressure at the same time and they should wear nicely.

John
07 WRX
#7 Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ducks is an unknown
Thanks everyone that helps alot.