Subaru WRX Forum banner

alignment questions

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Big Sky 
#1 ·
....autox's...what alignment set ups do you guys use? I use a -2.5 on the back and - 1.8 on front on my s2000 but I am sure it HAS got to be compeltely different on a WRX...I want to tweak mine a bit as I would imagine right out of the factory, the specs are probably crap!

My S had -1.0 front and -0.2 rear ....:eek:

#2 ·
You'll want to reverse your camber #'s for the WRX (AWD)- increase the front neg camber. The stock camber specs are -0.25 front, -1.3 rear. The front has a oe eccentric bolt, you can get between -1.3,4 w/ it maxed out. The rear is non adjustable, but you can get small tweaks a tenth or two degrees by loosening the two strut bolts and pushing (or pulling) like a B***H. I use this technique to even my camber out in the rear.

I run 0 toe setting front /rear as a compromise between slow stuff (autox) and speed. If your setting up primarily for autox try a little (1/16-1/8") toe out front and rear, it will help w/ turn in and getting your rear to follow.

A slick setup now offered by MRT (actuallu manufactured by Noltec) is a caster/camber plate. They are gaining a full degree of caster and almost as much camber as you want between the plate and eccentric bolt, probably close to -4.0 if you wanted.

BTW the S is cool car. We have one that autoxs at my club.

Big Sky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.