Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Tuning & Engine Management (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/)
-   -   Yup, Another 03 WRX Cobb AccessPort Question Thread (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/yup-another-03-wrx-cobb-accessport-question-thread-31315/)

Ellenberger1991 09-11-2011 01:43 PM

Yup, Another 03 WRX Cobb AccessPort Question Thread

Sorry about another thread about the Cobb AP but i didn't find anything about how reliable it is. I already have Half of an exhaust, still need a downpipe and up pipe but i'm just wondering, how reliable the Stage 2 map and all that is for an 03 WRX? cause my wrx is my work car in which i drive about 150+ miles twice a week cause i work for the railroad. So i don't wana do anything that can lower how reliable my car will be. Plus how much does it take the MPG down? i'm gettin about 26ish now. I just feel like i need more power out of it. But i can deal without a stage 2 cause i plan on making a 700+ hp 370z next year for my fast car :sneaky: so basicly, what problems have you guys had with the stage2 done to your wrx's

brfatal 09-11-2011 03:17 PM

Pretty much any mod has the potential to reduce reliability. It's still be on engine number one rather than 6 if that weren't the case.

Also, if you're going stage 2, a custom tune [I]should [/I]be mandatory.

turmic 09-11-2011 05:17 PM

Custom tune will make the car more reliable in the end...you can either get a Custom AP tune or get a opensource tune by a professional.

bad grocerygetter 09-11-2011 05:46 PM

As far as mpgs not a big difference other than if you can't keep your foot out of it. I get anywhere from 20 to 28 mpg depending on how i drive.

newtothegame 09-11-2011 11:25 PM

I have a decent modified 2007 WRX that nets 22 MPG city and 28 MPG highway and is still very streetable compared to any magic numbered Z car. Just saying, seeing that where you are from, how often will you get to use or drive that Z as to having a well rounded 300-350 AWHP Subie all year round?

sleepr 09-12-2011 01:50 AM

[quote=Ellenberger1991;267584]So i don't wana do anything that can lower how reliable my car will be. [/quote]

If that's the case, then don't skip getting a custom tune.

psinuse 09-12-2011 06:15 AM

Subarus in general are pretty damn reliable. Just remember to maintain the car and take of how many times you mash the right foot and slam the gears and you should be okay...

Ellenberger1991 09-20-2011 09:47 AM

[quote=newtothegame;267608]I have a decent modified 2007 WRX that nets 22 MPG city and 28 MPG highway and is still very streetable compared to any magic numbered Z car. Just saying, seeing that where you are from, how often will you get to use or drive that Z as to having a well rounded 300-350 AWHP Subie all year round?[/quote]

My Z will be my drag, nice weather, weekend, show car. I love fast things. But there's no way id be gettin rid of my wrx! Its my work car and I love it though. I just feel like I need more out of it cause it feels slower and slower by the day. :( I wouldn't get rid of it though, I'm drivin her till she dies and ill either rebuilt the car or buy a newer wrx for my next work car !Thumbs Up