Are XPT maps safe??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-30-2009, 07:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Are XPT maps safe???

Hey everyone, havent been on here in a while. But I have always trusted the info here. I have the oppertunity for a friend of mine (who has done this before) to do a stg 1 tune with a tactrix cable and a XPT stg 1 map. My car is a 04 with a sti up pipe, catback exhaust stock air box and stock bpv. But I want to know if these maps are safe to use? I know its just stg 1, but I dont want to hurt my car. What do you guys think, yes or no. All I want is for the cars powerband to be smoother and I have heard that with stg 1 I will get a few more psi (boost) Thats all I want. What do you guys think?

Thanks everyone

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
XPT maps are pretty reliable.Usually if your flashing the car with this map you have a laptop and Tactrix cable available so take a couple 3rd gear pulls and datalog the car.If you don't know what your looking at you can send the logs to Braiden (XPT) and he can look at them for you.If something doesn't look right he can retweak the map and send you the revised version.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#3 Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If you intend to use an XPT map, you really should do the datalogging and send it off for verification. I wouldn't just flash it on there and forget about it, no.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#4 Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
dont you need a wideband o2 for datalogging?

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#5 Old 01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
What is this datalogging, it tells how everything is, because I dont have a lap top or a tactrix cable. A local member is doing it and then going back to his school that is about 3hrs away. He has done/flashed a few cars before and he said not to worry about it so it seems like he knows what he is doing

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
#6 Old 01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
dont you need a wideband o2 for datalogging?
It is recommended but not 100% necessary.You can use the "learning view" tool on Romraider to help pinpoint knock and fuel trim corrections that will basiclly tell you if there are any problems with your tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
What is this datalogging, it tells how everything is, because I dont have a lap top or a tactrix cable.
Uuuhmm...you have been a member for 4 years now.Seriously there are stickies in the EM forum about Opensource. Just because you know how to flash a map to a car doesn't mean you know what your doing......

RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | Documentation / Rom Raider FAQ
Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / ECU

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#7 Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
What is this datalogging, it tells how everything is, because I dont have a lap top or a tactrix cable. A local member is doing it and then going back to his school that is about 3hrs away. He has done/flashed a few cars before and he said not to worry about it so it seems like he knows what he is doing
Your friend is not using those maps correctly or safely (or legally if I understand what he's doing).

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#8 Old 01-31-2009, 07:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Your friend is not using those maps correctly or safely (or legally if I understand what he's doing).
What do you mean by that Mosc, He is the one using his laptop and tactrix cable. I am the one buying the map.

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"