where do i start???? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

tsikows is an unknown
where do i start????

ok so i just got my first subaru s week ago. when i got it, it had a k&n typhoon on it and everybody keeps telling my to take it off until i get a tune, but i dont have the stock air box so i figured i might as well just get a tune right away.

so where do i start?

i read the stickys and a few other posts i found but im lost. i know that there are several different types of tunes and ways of tuning. the only things i really know is something about the cobb access port is used for tuning but its 500 bucks which i dont have. i read something about a laptop being able to be used as well?

someone help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Find a stock air box. Tuning a intake is a pain even for good tuners...You'd be chasing your tail trying to figure things out while tuning. So once you get one then go ahead and read this thread:
Opensource Read Up..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #3 of 7 Old 11-20-2011, 09:10 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Let me dig around my garage. I might have my stock airbox and elbow in my garage. I have alot of parts/spare parts in there. Just hard to move around right now after knee surgery. Or look on ebay, NASIOC.com, or craigslist for either a stocker or a Cobb SRI.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 7 Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXInfantryGuy is an unknown
i would find a stock airbox and start with coilovers

TJ Butler
post #5 of 7 Old 11-20-2011, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXInfantryGuy is an unknown
since ## going to need to tune ## car everytime u put a new part on i would put on a few parts on at one time when u have money to tune it right after part install. start with coilovers, tint, rims and catback get it lookin right.

TJ Butler
post #6 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXInfantryGuy View Post
since ## going to need to tune ## car everytime u put a new part on i would put on a few parts on at one time when u have money to tune it right after part install. start with coilovers, tint, rims and catback get it lookin right.
Coilovers are overrated, and over priced for what most of us would ever think about using them for. If you are wanting or going to lower the car the first thought and step would be to look into good struts and spring combo. Not some cheap set of coilovers that are going to hinder the performance and ride of the car, let alone be used for their intended purposes.

OP, keep your eye out for that stock intake, and try and be easy on the car until then.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #7 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

tsikows is an unknown
will do. i emailed a few people on nasioc about ones that they had up for sale so we will see what i find.