What stage would you consider my wrx? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-24-2008, 02:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
What stage would you consider my wrx?

It seems all the maps I see go in stages and what not so I'd like some opinions on what would work best for me . 02 wrx, the turbo says VF 23 on it, Perrin catless uppipe, bell-mouth downpipe , full exhaust , front mount , walboro 255 lph fuel pump and all I was told are the injectors are not stock . Not sure what they are .... The ecu must be tuned somewhat because I get no CEL's with it but do get some with my other one and the car runs good but it seems like it's just missing something ... I need more poweer. The car was stock except for the vf23 and fuel pump and injectors when I got it, I never tuned it for the upipe, down pipe or exhaust and I think that may be holding me back? Any one know of a map that would work well for me ? Oh and i'm running 12 lbs of boost too.

Last edited by burkej62; 02-24-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2008, 04:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
The modifications you have are kind of beyond the "stage" game. So which turbo is it a VF23 or a VF22?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Yeah, that car has to be tuned, you are not going to find an OTS map for that one probably. What type of EM do you have or use?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
It is a VF 23. As far as I know it's just a stock ECU thats flashed or something . 12 lbs isn't cutting it however because I get walked by stock srt 4's and all kinds of cars . I want to raise the boost and I see alot of maps that are running 16-18 psi but they all say stock turbo and mines not. For all the mods I have the car is a dog .
#5 Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
You should get tuned by a pro, it'll really open that car up.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#6 Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
I know but theres about 3K worth of bills that need to be paid before I can consider a pro tune , I just want to try and get some balls into this thing for the mean time . So your all saying I'm not gonna find any maps that will work because it's to far modified? Stage 4? For all the mods i've done to this thing it sure stings when an srt-4 walks me ...
#7 Old 02-24-2008, 08:27 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkej62 View Post
I know but theres about 3K worth of bills that need to be paid before I can consider a pro tune , I just want to try and get some balls into this thing for the mean time . So your all saying I'm not gonna find any maps that will work because it's to far modified? Stage 4? For all the mods i've done to this thing it sure stings when an srt-4 walks me ...
You not going to find any maps because the VF23 is not a common turbo.Most tuners make generic maps for some of the more popular turbos.You will need a custom tune.If you knew more about Subies you could use an Opensource tuner.They can work remotley but require you to be able to datalog and atleast somewhat trouble shoot.Cutting corners for the sake or just trying to go faster can = blown motor.You gotta pay to play.Why does it even matter if a SRT-4 walks you?There will always be a faster car.Who cares...

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#8 Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
Yes I can datalog and obviously cutting corners isn't what i'm doing. Cutting corners would be more like MBC with no care for tune. I'll have to look into opensource tuners then .
#9 Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
DTRacing™ ::# Custom Tuning Services## “Get a Dom Tune!”® Dom is the best tuner i know, you pay 60 dollars and he'll send you maps for a month

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#10 Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
That does look sweet . I emailed him to see what we can do ... I can flash and log I'd just need him to provide the maps ... 60 bucks is damn cheap I don't care if it cost me 200!
#11 Old 02-25-2008, 06:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
DTRacing™ ::# Custom Tuning Services## “Get a Dom Tune!”® Dom is the best tuner i know, you pay 60 dollars and he'll send you maps for a month
Yeah he's really good. I'm winding down on my tune, now with a newly installed ebcs my turbo is spooling wicked early. It's well worth it if you've got opensource.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#12 Old 03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

darthsofearu is an unknown
tbailey@surgelinetuning.com.......go to this and you will fill in all that the car has done to it. i am thinking of having this guy pro tune my rex. you send him your info and with that he can create a map that will come pretty damn close to what you need. i think that u will need an accessport though in able to download the map. none the less i am fairly certain that it is cheap. check it out and good luck
#13 Old 03-11-2008, 02:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yup Tim Baily is another highly respected tuner in the wrx community.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#14 Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

pddvl1 is an unknown
Or you could buy yourself a tactric cable and wideband and use openecu or enginuity and do it yourself, Or find someone in your area with the capabilities to tune your car on the fly . This is the best way the way you drive in town or out on the road, I have a guy here in phx, that tunes for 200 with unlimited time usually take 2-3 hrs depending on the car . good luck