What map should i use? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

dubrex2002 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to dubrex2002
What map should i use?

i have a friend with a tatrix cable and can tune my car for me i just need to find a map to use..

2002 wrx 5 speed
Internals- stock
Bolt ons-
16g turbo
agency power turbo inlet (hardpipe)
3" straight piped exhaust
K&n Drop in filter
Walbro 255h Fuel pump
Hks atmospheric Bov ( dont really think that matters too much)
Removed Snorkel
Removed A/c Compressor unit (dont think that matters either)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
There are 3 different kinds of 16G's and I don't see any injectors listed.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#3 Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
yeah u need to provide your injector size, if your still running stocks, well..i dont suggest you be running atall
#4 Old 09-13-2008, 12:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

dubrex2002 is an unknown
Td05 16G..and stock injectors..im just needing the tune to make it run better..not to try and get alot of hp out of it..i plan on getting some pinks in a couple of months
#5 Old 09-13-2008, 05:14 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrex2002 View Post
Td05 16G..and stock injectors..im just needing the tune to make it run better..not to try and get alot of hp out of it..i plan on getting some pinks in a couple of months
You cannot run any turbo bigger than stock on the stock injectors.There is a small 16G, a big 16G and a EvoIII 16G.All of which are TD05's.Which one is it...........

#6 Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

dubrex2002 is an unknown
its the big16G..and it will run off stock injectors.. i put a 18G on a my friends 03 wrx,he has the a 255 Fuel pump, cold air intake and a catback with stock injectors..we took it to hickory(NC) on a mustang dyno and tuned it with 3 pulls we got 36 whp by turning the boost up 2 lb and used an AFC to turn the long term and short term fuel up. he has had his since 2006..we did that around july of 06..he is still running the stock injectors and has put about 20-25k miles on it and its still pulling good
#7 Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrex2002 View Post
its the big16G..and it will run off stock injectors.. i put a 18G on a my friends 03 wrx,he has the a 255 Fuel pump, cold air intake and a catback with stock injectors..we took it to hickory(NC) on a mustang dyno and tuned it with 3 pulls we got 36 whp by turning the boost up 2 lb and used an AFC to turn the long term and short term fuel up. he has had his since 2006..we did that around july of 06..he is still running the stock injectors and has put about 20-25k miles on it and its still pulling good
I can run a GT35R off my stock injectors if I run 2lbs of boost.No offense but clearly you have no idea what your doing.You should be logging with a wideband 02 and logging injector duty cycle.The stock injectors are 420cc.Think there might be a reason every single OTS map for a turbo upgrade by ANY engine management solution (Cobb,Utec,Ecuteck...) requires at a minimum 550CC injectors for VF series turbos and small 16G's?I think so.I can max out the stock injectors on the stock turbo which flows 390cfm @ 1bar.A big 16G flows 550cfm @ 1bar and an 18G flows 605cfm @ 1bar.I highly recommend you try this injector calculator out.......

RC Fuel Injection

Turbo FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

#8 Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
u know too much dum dum lol...propss though
#9 Old 09-14-2008, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

dubrex2002 is an unknown
yeah..lol
#10 Old 09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

dubrex2002 is an unknown
i have seen where people have modded stock injectors..do they take the screen out?or put different resistors in them?
#11 Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
WRXpert

740CC injectors for free? - NASIOC

They remove the pintel disk.The number/size of the holes in the disk determines the flow.The stock WRX injectors and "pinks" are the exact same injector,just more/bigger holes in the pintel disk.Just removing a filter screen isn't going to double flow and resistors are used for running low impedance injectors(peak and hold) with high impedance(saturated) injector drivers