Virtual Dyno! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

baumgartenb is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondafan View Post
Brian: Those HP numbers seem to be on target for what you should be pushing with those mods. Have you thought about getting a net tune to figure in the ELH and TMIC? You can get places to do net tunes for $150 or less. That's better than the OTS map still.
You think so? I have seen dyno results from protuned cars with basically the same mods pushing 255 whp. From your experience do you think that is feasible with my car?...I am planning on a minor turbo upgrade, injectors and what not and so I will probably get a tune then...but where I live there is really no place to get a tune done at. But I would have to agree and say this program is fairly accurate. In the meantime I am going to read this software help guide over and over until I feel comfortable enough to do some tweaking.

Brian
2002 stage 2 WRX - DD
1993 Trans Am - summer car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 04-10-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
the program has been tested on various other forums to be extremely accurate within about 2hp

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #18 of 19 Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
With my 2.5L motor with dual AVCS, STi turbo, ELH, 1000cc injectors, and TBE, my tuner only expects my car to pull just over 300 WHP. It depends on so many factors, it would be better if you could see a stock pull on your car with that program and then see the difference with your mods. My end goal after replacing the turbo and intercooler is in the 400 WHP range. That's for the track running E85. With the bigger Polka Pickle running pump gas I should only be looking at 350 HP for daily driving. I was a bit less realistic before I talked with my tuner. We get 91 Octane gas here at best, and the elevation is over 4000 ft, so our results suck in Utah. Maybe it can do significantly better in Michigan? I just know the factory turbo on an '02-08 will be the big limiter in this case. You might be able to push 250 or even 260 if you got a pro tune or net tune to account for the ELH and larger intercooler.

post #19 of 19 Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

baumgartenb is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
the program has been tested on various other forums to be extremely accurate within about 2hp
The only inaccuracy would be the occ weight. I might put my car on the racecar scales sometime with a full tank of gas just to see the actual weight.

Brian
2002 stage 2 WRX - DD
1993 Trans Am - summer car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement