Subaru WRX Forum banner

version 4.2 UTEC

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  REXronald 
#1 ·
going to update my UTEC to the new version software 4.2...

Godspeed prefers to dynotune with this software revision...

question is.... any reason i shouldn't do this?... anyone have probs with 2002 REX and older UTEC, once the revision 4.2 was put in place???

i will just be running the TXS stge 4 base map (the new one) to get me up to Detroit for the dyno tuning at Godspeed... (and driving as tamely as possible, for a person with a lead foot and brand new 18G, hehe :D )

thanks for any input.

#2 ·
I have a 2002 WRX and I recently flashed my UTEC to upgrade to 4.2. The one problem I noticed was that I was running incredibly rich, even using the injector scaling set to my STI pinks (550cc). I had to lean out the lower rpm ranges for my car to idle correctly. Once that was done, I've had no further problem.

#3 ·
...hmmm

well, maybe that will be good for me... i'm currently having very lean and excessively high EGT's at partial throttle points... (my TGV's are removed and i think its allowing freer air flow at low throttle where it would normally be somewhat restricted by the tumble passageway at low throttle)...

how does the scaling work??? i have the STi injectors also... is there a new parameter to set in the new revision or something? , or is it just part of the Stage 4 base map?????

thanks for the input.

#4 ·
hmm

now i'm confused... i read the new instructions on open loop fueling and scaling injectors...

a. what are the stock injectors flowing in cc's...???

b. with uploading the 4.2 revision... do i just need to upload the stg 4 map, input the 550cc STi injector value, and the stock injector cc value in parameters, turn the open loop fueling on... and go from there.... or is addt'l tuning needed... remember i just need this map to get me from ohio to detroit for my tuning session at Godspeed????

thanks

#5 ·
well again

called TXS... just use the stage 4 parameters that go with the revision for stage 4... but earlier today they the 'paramters' part on their website couldn't be clicked, not it allows to be clicked, but it goes to 'page cannot be displayed' argghhh... i tried calling them back... sit on hold because they are too busy... rats... i need the parameters... guess i'll have to wait.

#7 ·
thanks a bunch...

i got them on the phone and let them know that it was down... they got the parameters section back up again...

here's a quick q though... i noticed on the instructions in the parameters for open loop fuel and next to "fuel injectors cc's" it has a side note of 'RESET YOUR UTEC!"

what does that mean exactly? and how do i do that?... it says that on the screen, but then there's nothing about how to do that in the instructions...

my guess is to turn of the ignition to the car and make sure to wait long enough for the red l.e.d. on the utec to shut off... ???

that right?

thanks again.

#10 ·

ok, its all updated, runs way better in terms of EGT, yeah its not as fast because its just the stock TXS map now.... but its just to hold over untilt the 18G is installed and dyno tuned.... The EGT's are much lower now and no longer spike at partial throttle, due to the new open loop fueling option of the 4.2 software....

thanks for any advice... it uploaded easy and no probs with it at all....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.