Subaru WRX Forum banner

Using Air fuel Learning 1 ABCD for diag?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RogueMantis 
#1 ·
I've been trying to diag a poor idle issue with the air fuel learning. I'd like to have this all tested before i go back to my tuner and bug him for some tweaks on the tune. AFL-A (idle) will continue to increase for as long as you let the car idle. The highest I've seen it is 9.5%. AFL-B (light cruise?) when i reset my ecu it read 13.9%. AFL-C (cruise/load) hardly ever moves regardless of what i do but when it does it shoots up. sat at -.50 for the longest time then as i went up a hill it shot up to +5.9% then went stagnant. I tried unplugging my MAF sensor to see if it was bad, but still had a rough idle. Can anyone dumb these trims down for me so i know what im looking for? I'm going to say since its dumping fuel i have an intake leak, but not a boost leak? and possibly a vaccum leak which i plan on testing this week with a gauge. I'm hoping i can get an intake leak test tool to put some pressure though the intake without it running. any info and of course any tips would be helpful, both with the AFL and leak test.
thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.