Subaru WRX Forum banner

USDM ecu vs EDM ecu

6K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
Hey guys quick question,

I have a rhd GD with a full rhd EDM harness for V7 02 wrx, the V7 wrx USDM ecu plugs right in, but are the pin outs the same? I need to know if I need to get an EDM ecu, and if I do need to, any idea on the tuning options? The engine going in its an EJ25.

or should I just get a plug and play Haltech standalone ecu and call it a day?

Thanks

#2 ·
tactrix and open source can tune any 16bit subaru ecu 01-07, and im 99% sure any of the GD Chassis ECU are completely interchangeable. the only problem is if your motor as AVCS or not. not a big problem, but one none-the-less.

but, if you have the cash to burn, i highly recommend a haltech.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I have the racepak cluster which will read straight from the haltech standalone, so I may just go with that, plus I have wayyy too much money in this to even care at this point lol

My motor is being built by revworks, and will not have AVCS, it is an original AVCS head from a GR but the AVCS is by passed.

#6 ·
not me personally, but a friend has. the only thing you might need are the haltech sensors. like fuel pressure, map sensor, etc... quite possible what you have will plug and play, but ive never used or seen anything by racepak so i cannot confirm.

#8 ·
that is weird because my JDM ecu plugged right into my USDM harness. all we added was 4 wires for the AVCS. could it be something to do with your EDM harness? or you mean it wont work with your racepak setup?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.