turboxs computer? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-27-2003, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
turboxs computer?

what its the advantage between the stock ecu and the turbo xs ecu is it worth it wha features can you do with it ? performance expected out of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The TurboXS chips reconfigure fuel maps and boost levels to work with specific aftermarket parts. It is definitely worth it, but you also have to consider what you want to get out of your car. Meaning, the TurboXS chips are not very flexible. You cannot adjust settings, making your power potential max out at a certain point. If you want to get more power after that point, you'll have to upgrade to use a "piggyback" type fuel controller.

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
#3 Old 02-22-2003, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

turbine is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to turbine
Is the Turboxs computer the UTEC one? If so, is it easy to use? And also do you know if it can get rid of the CEL from an exhaust? Thanks a lot.
#4 Old 02-22-2003, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

syncopatio is an unknown
Hey Ludachris, are talking about the unichip or the utec? The Utec is user tunable... all you need is a laptop or PDA. Plus there is a switch for four TXS settings, including one set for stock. THe unichip is not user tunable.
#5 Old 02-22-2003, 11:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

JOHN is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to JOHN
Do any of you guys know if you can simply take out the UTEC when I take the car to the dealer for regular maintence? I'm really looking at going with the TXS stage II. My Subie dealer said they didn't care if i do exhaust work but messing with the computer would definitly void the warranty.
Thanks for any input.
#6 Old 02-25-2003, 12:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

TrboChgd is an unknown
the unchip is plug and play(removeable) im pretty sure.

"natural is nice but i'd rather be forced and blown"
#7 Old 02-27-2003, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
yes w the utec you can get rid off the cel light from the exhaust and make it only to come on when the knock sensor senses detonation or knocking on the engine pretty cool ah?
#8 Old 03-02-2003, 09:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

duba-u-R-x is an unknown
so u can adjust fuel maps? what about timing?
#9 Old 03-04-2003, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
yes yiu can also do that
#10 Old 03-05-2003, 12:51 PM
pwa
WRXtuners Member

pwa is an unknown
I am thinking of adding the utec to my almost stock wagon. what gains are to be realistically expected because i heard around 30bhp and how easy is it to actually use and tune yourself for i am a novice at tuning. also how safe is it. and is the utec plug n play like the xsunichip for ease of removal when taking it in for service?is it worth the money for the long haul or are there other mods to acheive better performance. sorry for the barrage of questions but i dont trust advertising!
#11 Old 03-06-2003, 08:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kobiyashi is more helpful than not
I personally love the TXS UTEC... I would install an aftermarket boost gauge and egt gauge if your doing any more ADDED tuning, but if your staying with the "stage setups" that come pre-programmed I wouldn't worry about it... ~30WHP is gained with stage 1.
#12 Old 03-08-2003, 05:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
kobiyashi is right if you stick to the stages set ups they offer and have all the parts to it you will be fine as far as for tunning your self is questionable it all depends if you have experience doing that and now a lot about the car you can always go to the turbo xs dealer and they tunne it,or get in contact w mark at the turbo xs factory check them on the site. the utec is removable the same way as the unichip no problems at the dealer the check eng light can be shut off for the removal of cats and it will light up when the regular problems are detected or you can set it up to also turn on when you detonate letting you know that you will need vp on the gas tank je je je
#13 Old 03-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to conejo
Hi , im new to tuning. where would i learn to adjust fuel maps?
and does it void warranty?
which one are the best?
#14 Old 03-17-2003, 04:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

mauiwowwie is an unknown
aloha everyone... i was wondering if i already have an uppipe and an exhaust, is it ok to use the preprogrammed maps for the UTEC? if so, which one would you recommend?
#15 Old 03-17-2003, 08:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
looks to me if you have up pipe down pipe and complete exaust or cat back ,put a drop in filter w the free mod to the filter silencer ,and you could use the preprogramed stage 2 on the utec should put you on the 13.5 to 13.7 times in the 1/4