turboxs - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ScooobaSeth is an unknown
turboxs

Ok guys to make a long story short a wrx came in on a trade at my dealer that was beat. body was mostly hit and it had no second gear. upon inspection of it I found a turboxs controller hooked up to it. it was over the ecu...then had a plug with a wire that went to some switch that goes from 1-9. Looking at the side of the turboxs box, not where the ecu harness plugs into...but the other side has; a 12 pin connector, little red dial, serial cable connector, and ground wire, then some sort of plug, i dont know what is it for. there was nothing pluged into it.

Now looking at the wires i took out, the one with the 12 pin connector has the dial switch on it. It also off of each end has a red and a black wire that are just taped up. Then the other one is just the serial cable.

I looked on the website and cant find anything about it. the box is grayish. can someone point me in the rite direction?

Seth

04 Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-29-2007, 05:16 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Sounds like a Utec.Take a picture.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 11 Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Sounds like a Utec.Take a picture.
Ok well its a utec.....

I cant seem to find the user manual. It says its on the website, and i ended up downloading some version 5.8b something, which I dont think I can use. Can anyone steer me in the rite direction?! Dont I need software on my laptop to do this? It says I can plug everything in and set the dial to 1 and its a stock performence setting? anyone hear of this? What do I need at this point?

04 Wagon
post #4 of 11 Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooobaSeth View Post
Ok well its a utec.....

I cant seem to find the user manual. It says its on the website, and i ended up downloading some version 5.8b something, which I dont think I can use. Can anyone steer me in the rite direction?! Dont I need software on my laptop to do this? It says I can plug everything in and set the dial to 1 and its a stock performence setting? anyone hear of this? What do I need at this point?
Answered your other post in clubwrx...
You need to slow down and read......

Zip File WRX UTEC v5.8 above contains: WRX UTEC v5.8, M16 Flash V124, WRX-STI Manual, Update Notes

http://www.turboxs.com/utecwrxupdate.htm

post #5 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

do you think it could be a problem if i dont have that abc boost controller.

04 Wagon
post #6 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 AM
WRXpert

What do you have in it's place?

post #7 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well my car is stock, so there would be nothing there. anything i can use to put in its place or do i not even have to have it?

04 Wagon
post #8 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
I don't use mine- as long as you want to use the base maps from the internet, you don't need it.

D-Rock
Under constant pressure
post #9 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well i got all the stuff hooked up to my computer. it first loaded up and i saw everything, but i couldnt move around or do anything. i unplugged it and started over again and now i just get a blank white screen, but it says connected. i dont know whats wrong!!!

04 Wagon
post #10 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
WRXpert

Tons of Utec info... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141

post #11 of 11 Old 12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
Or call turboxs at 301-977-4727

D-Rock
Under constant pressure