Tuning issue?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

puckthefackers is an unknown
Tuning issue??

Ok, so you will have to excuse my ignorance but I am new to this. I just had my 02 bugeye tuned (my first tune) by a local , very reputable tuner last night. After the tune, it ran great and I drove the car about 60 miles since the tune. This morning while driving the car I hear a very loud squeaking noise and the motor begins to shake the whole car. I immediately had it towed to the shop because it sounds like it is out of time. I am awaiting the bad news but I am sure it is a timing issue. I am not looking to place blame on anyone since I have a vague understanding of what the tune did but my goodness, the timing (no pun intended) really looks suspicious. Could a car go out of time because of a tune??

I havent done many mods: turboback, cold air intake, and a boost control solenoid. It is an 02 with 113,000 miles and I havent owned the car very long so I do understand it is most likely just due to its age. Just trying to see if anyone else has ever had this series of unfortunate events happen the day after their car was tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-15-2012, 06:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
The timing belt could have jumped time. When was it replaced?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #3 of 4 Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

puckthefackers is an unknown
Not sure, I just bought the car and the previous owner had the car for less than two years. I did hear back from the shop, it is NOT a timing issue. Something internal, so the bad news gets worse. Not too sure what I am going to do now.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Was the tune really aggressive or something?? You shouldn't be putting too much stress on the engine at just stage 2. Seems kinda fishy to me as well.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement