Tuners in SE Ga, NE Fla. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well once you get things back in place and get a tune it should be okay. I hate buying a modded car since you never know what the previous owner did to it. Good luck and I hope you guys learned alot about the car.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

scharvey is more helpful than not
That's the advice I gave prior to purchase. Of course everybody knows that Fathers are big Dummies! I believe the car had a lot of problems before we bought it. A day and a half after picking it up, the CEL comes on with 11 codes stored. Pretty sure the ECU had been cleared by the previous owner. Live and Learn!
#18 Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharvey View Post
That's the advice I gave prior to purchase. Of course everybody knows that Fathers are big Dummies! I believe the car had a lot of problems before we bought it. A day and a half after picking it up, the CEL comes on with 11 codes stored. Pretty sure the ECU had been cleared by the previous owner. Live and Learn!
Oh yeah my father was an idiot...LOL I'm sure glad I didn't listen to him, heck by now I'd have a ton of money saved and a pretty good retirement going for me and who wants that.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#19 Old 10-12-2011, 12:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

If you die with money in the bank, you're a loser!
#20 Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

Talking

Finally taking the little beast to a "Tuner" this afternoon! I'm not sure who it is. Must be "need to know" information. They are in St. Marys, Ga. Sounds like there are about four things he wants to check, install timing belt and custom tune. Very exciting, Woot!
#21 Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Best of luck to you. Hope you can get it up and running and finally get to enjoy the car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tuners name is Ben Yang. He hs a small shop at his house. Way into Subaru's! His business is called Performance Driven Motorsports. Seems like he knows what he's doing. Fingers crossed here! He has a Facebook page that is interesting. Small comments about what he has done each day. Might get the Rex back Sunday afternoon. Full report to follow.
#23 Old 10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Small speed bump. The ECU had been flashed before. Our tuner says that his software can't re flash it because it is "Locked". He has a parts car and is going to sell us a used one that he can program with Romraider. Stay tuned!
#24 Old 10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
ECUtek is the only one that locks the ECU.

Good luck

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#25 Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Meh there is a way to unlock them, just can't for the life of me remember how to...Let me look around and see if I can't find out.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#26 Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Meh there is a way to unlock them, just can't for the life of me remember how to...Let me look around and see if I can't find out.
Ahh to get old and forget things....lol. Im sorry Keith I couldnt resist. But if anyone would know its either you or DumDum, who hasnt been around much lately.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#27 Old 10-14-2011, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Ahh to get old and forget things....lol. Im sorry Keith I couldnt resist. But if anyone would know its either you or DumDum, who hasnt been around much lately.

The ECU is just a EEPROM and can be written over(reflashed) without issues, but the security features of the ECUtek software may prevent that. You may have to ask ECUtek to unlock it for you since you didn't pay for the license and it's your ECU not there's. I'm still digging up some crap I have on my old laptop though. I could have sworn that I reflashed a WRX that was done with a ECUtek originally.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#28 Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

I sent you a present that might work....Shhhhh!!!! LOL

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#29 Old 10-14-2011, 10:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thank you, Thank you!