Subaru WRX Forum banner

Time for a tune...what should i go with?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
so i just bought a 07 wrx and im thinking i want to get a tune. it has spt exhaust and spt intake on it and i was thinking of going with a cobb accessport. anyone have any tuning advice on what system to use?

#2 ·
Those are very safe pieces there. I have been running the Cobb AP since I had my car. I was one of the first to actually purchase an AP for the 07. Its a great piece of equipment. With your said mods you are still only int he stage 1 category, but the stage 1 tune is a HUGE improvement over stock. And once you continue to upgrade (if you so chose to) you can use the AP to tune for the mods. IMHO you cant go wrong with the Cobb AP. Just check to see if you have a local tune shop that is comfortable with using it, unless you dont plan to mod your car to heavily.

#5 · (Edited)
It has OTS maps that are pre-made. They are alrite, but they are meant to work with every car. As far as tuning it yourself, Im not sure. You have to have a license, or get the street tuner software to be able to do your own tuning and Im not sure how to go about that. Heres a list of pre-made maps that Cobb supports and has made:cobb . wrx accessport . map listing If you follow those to the letter you can run those maps. If you deviate with say a different turbo, not really recommended to use that map then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.