Time for monitoring - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think I've landed on Fuel pressure, oil pressure, and boost for now. When I get the thread installed, I'll get a little pod for the wideband.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Sounds like some winners there. Those are on my list also.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #18 of 25 Old 09-01-2009, 05:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So Chase, did you ever get the GlowShifts or ProSports. I'm getting ready to get three gauges. I just got a used clock pod. It's the OEM Subaru pod that's modified to fit 52mm gauges.

I'm not worried about missing the clock b/c I also bought a Pioneer Nav system, and that has a clock.

So, I'm thinking wideband A/F, Boost, and Volts. Can the wideband O2 plug into the port behind the turbo on the COBB DP? If so, these should be super easy to install. If not, is there another gauge that's easy to install instead of the A/F?

My tuner sells the GlowShift and says they are pretty nice and he hasn't had any trouble with them.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #19 of 25 Old 09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I settled on a Boost, Oil Pressure and Volt gauge for my pod. They are the Green Prosport Performance series. They should be here next week b/c one of the gauges was on backorder. I'll post some pics when I get them installed.

I didn't get the Prosport Premium b/c they were much more expensive and I don't really think I would ever use the recall or warnings. I decided on the Prosport over the GlowShift b/c of the silver rim around the Prosports. I figured that would match my interior better.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #20 of 25 Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

OK, I got everything in, sort of.

There is a slight gap on the pod that I'm going to fix this weekend. I just need to do a little adjustment, but I ran out of time on Sunday.

The oil pressure doesn't work, so I've got a new sender coming and I'm going to get the relocation kit also b/c it's pretty much impossible to install the galley plug and the performance series sender in the space provided. There is just no room and the only way to put it on is by using a wrench. And I think by doing this, we broke the sensor. Hopefully the new sender and relocation kit will eliminate this problem.

Remote oil pressure sender

I wanted to avoid the sandwich adapter so that I didn't get hassled by the dealership everytime I brought it in for an oil change.

Hopefully everyone can see this image.

Since I lost the clock, I used this opportunity to replace the headunit with a nav/ipod/bluetooth unit. It works great. I ran the microphone up the a-pillar, and the nav antenna sits below the gauge cover.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #21 of 25 Old 09-30-2009, 01:30 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That looks pretty nice. I have a similar HU in my car also, just no gauges right now.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #22 of 25 Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I just installed a Prosport electrical boost gauge in my 09 yesterday. I'll throw a picture up when I get a chance. Install was a bit of a PITA since I had to pull the radio and tap the wires for the gauge. Once I found a good Pin-Out diagram for the wire harness it was a breeze though. I ended up mounting the gauge on the left side of the cluster surround and it is perfectly visible without blocking any of the road or other gauges. It's also not too bright at night which I was worried about since it doesn't have a dimmer feature.

-Chris
post #23 of 25 Old 09-30-2009, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
That looks pretty nice. I have a similar HU in my car also, just no gauges right now.
Thanks. I'll be re-installing a new oil pressure sender along with the relocation kit. We must have broken the original sender while installing it. It was a total PITA to get the galley plug in. I'd recommend the adapter plate. I just didn't want the dealership to give me a hard time about it, or break it when I bring my car in for oil changes. I thought the galley plug would be easy, it wasn't.

Quote:
It's also not too bright at night which I was worried about since it doesn't have a dimmer feature.
With three it does look a little bright when it switches to green. It's at least a lot brighter than the clock. Overall I think it looks pretty good. It's not as bright as the 7 blue gauges in my friends EVO. At night his looks like he's having a rave inside his car.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #24 of 25 Old 10-01-2009, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
With three it does look a little bright when it switches to green. It's at least a lot brighter than the clock. Overall I think it looks pretty good. It's not as bright as the 7 blue gauges in my friends EVO. At night his looks like he's having a rave inside his car.
Yeah but the 09's are red so that by default is not as bright as green. I agree with you though, more than one might start getting bright. I plan on mounting either egt or afr on the right side of the console surround once I need it and we'll see how that goes.

-Chris
post #25 of 25 Old 10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

I fixed the gap. Looks totally factory now.

I also installed the relocation kit. Much, much easier. The instructions say it can be done without removing the intercooler. It can't. If you're going to use the galley plug for your oil pressure gauge, get the relocation kit.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement