Subaru WRX Forum banner

Threw a P01086, safe to flash?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Longshot 
#1 ·
My 2002 rex has been running real rough and also cutting out @ 50-75% Throttle; almost like there is a fuel cut off. I had a cel and it was P01086...Tumbler generator sensor low input. I pulled it off and looked at it and it looked fine. I reset the ecu....and started it back up. It ran ok for a few minutes than threw the same code. I called around and its not a stocked part (for some reason beyond me) and its pretty expensive.

Now heres the thing. I'm just getting ready to flash a stg 2 opensource map. Is there a way to bypass this sensor or am i going to have to replace the sensor before flashing?

#2 ·
if you are flashing it your self, you can delete the TGV cell. when you took it off did you notice if the butterfly in there was open or closed. sometimes they get stuck closed. your best bet is to do the TGV delete.

#8 ·
Right, but isn't the definition for that code mean that it is putting out a lower than normal voltage....meaning that the sensor itself is shot? When i took it off, the protruding metal flap was able to move so i dont think that it was stuck open/closed. What are my chances that it is the sensor and not some other part of that mechanism judging from the cel it blew?

#9 ·
I'd say pretty good, I know it's easy to trip a sensor, but I'm not as educated on the TGV as some others. Thats good that the flap is opening and closing with ease. While you have it out you should get rid of the flaps all together, hence the TGV delete. Search around here and scoobymods.com for the procedure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.