thinking of open source.... or somekind of tune. - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgtr View Post
your map is probably set to 14psi in 2nd and 3rd you will also notice it will taper of after about 5700 rpms it is a safety measure because of the stock turbo

p.s log the car asap dont do any more adjustments
Yeah probably not a good idea to adjust the arm if you are unable to log. I thought max boost was in 3rd on the wrx, and 4th in the sti, no?

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Labukas19 is more helpful than not
yea i kniw. im turbing it back today. i know i should log first, before any tuning... i was just bored at work and figured on turn would kill anything... but its going back to what it was... i didnt know the target boost was less in other gears. i thought there was just a set target boost.... but hey learn something new everyday! ;-) thanks for the help so far. im just amazed on how much different the car feels. like another car!

2001 COBRA
#33 Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Yeah probably not a good idea to adjust the arm if you are unable to log. I thought max boost was in 3rd on the wrx, and 4th in the sti, no?
You tune for max boost in 3rd gear in the WRX but you will always overboost in 4th or 5th if you go WOT.Just the way it is when you don't have wastegate duty cycle compensation per ger.You could tune for max boost in 4th or 5th but most people see WOT to redline in 3rd and most dyno runs are in 3rd gear.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#34 Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

if you over boost it will just pull and add. (fluctuate) like mine.. not doing any harm right? im still waiting to get this dang laptop!!!

2001 COBRA
#35 Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labukas19 View Post
if you over boost it will just pull and add. (fluctuate) like mine.. not doing any harm right? im still waiting to get this dang laptop!!!
That is oscillations.That is not always how it works.Sometimes you will over boost for a second and then hit target.That isn't great either.Regardless the colder it gets,the worse the overboosting will get.I have hit 25psi before by accident and absolutly did not have the fuel to support that nor the map scaling.Luckily nothing broke.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#36 Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

yea its a little warmer today.. dint spike as much. only spiked to about 16.5-17 and help 16 so all good. will post maps as soon as they come!!!

2001 COBRA