thinking of open source.... or somekind of tune. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
no you cannot use cobbs maps without the ap that would be stupid on cobbs part but the link is http://www.xpttuning.com/osecuroms/viewtopic.php?t=71 it is a 91oct minimim

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Labukas19 is more helpful than not
ok thats what i figured! lol.. but thanks for the map! also do i have to adjust the boost by my wastegate? to reach 16psi? or will the tune do it throguth the ecu up the boost... thanks!

2001 COBRA
post #18 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

the map will do it for you make sure you have a boost guage to monitor it and adjust the wastegate only if needed

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
post #19 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labukas19 View Post
yea i know that all are different. i know where your coming from. but its just like any other mail order tune correct? so logging is not needed but def. a wise choice. correct me if im wrong...
thanks for the help so far tho!!! now can you send me a direct link to a stage two map 93 octane tune? also can i just download cobbs map and flash that on my car or wont it work? just curious...
Logging is needed -- how else are you going to know if the tune is exactly right for the car? Whoever is tuning the car needs to see the logs to tweak the map for your specific car.
post #20 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

i downloaded the top one that the right one to download? A4TF520F - MY04 MT OSECU Stage 2 r10.zip
i was scoping around in it and saw target boost was 2.08 bar... isnt that like 29 psi??? or do i subtract the 14.7 for atmospheric pressure?? so as soon as i flash my car then log it how would i post up my log so you guys can take a look at it? as an attatchment some how? thanks!

2001 COBRA
post #21 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

also how much better are the 52 dollar ones over the free ones? for stage 2 stock bcs...

2001 COBRA
post #22 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ok ecu flash wont read my map i just bought... i get this...
unknown ROM image...
continue usins this rom with no definition...
[18:40:20.250] Version 1.34.1435
[18:40:20.265] 11 memory models read.
[18:40:20.265] scanning for metadata models in C:/Program Files/OpenECU/EcuFlash/rommetadata
[18:40:21.140] 219 ROM metadata models scanned.
[18:40:21.140] checksum module "subarudbw" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "wrx02" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "wrx04" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "sti04" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "sti05" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "mitsukernel" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "mitsukernelocp" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] flashing tool "shbootmode" loaded.
[18:40:21.140] error loading FTD2XX.DLL
[18:41:14.281] image file is incorrect size.

also how do i do this??
It is VERY important that you place the "XPTxxxxx.XML" file in the following directory before attempting to
re-flash your vehicle; the directory is:
"C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\wrx\"
Once the file is placed you can proceed with the instructions and flashing

2001 COBRA
post #23 of 36 Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ok well i just did a search on WINDOWS for C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\wrx
and i just drageds my xml file to it. now it works with ecu flash... im pretty confused lol...

2001 COBRA
post #24 of 36 Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
yea i know that all are different. i know where your coming from. but its just like any other mail order tune correct? so logging is not needed but def. a wise choice. correct me if im wrong...
thanks for the help so far tho!!! now can you send me a direct link to a stage two map 93 octane tune? also can i just download cobbs map and flash that on my car or wont it work? just curious...
For starters it's not like people haven't had problems with Cobb's maps.In fact it have the people didn't know they had problems untill they actually logged the car and looked at the IAM.Long story short,it's better to be safe than sorry.Plus most email tuners like for you to be able to log your car.That way you can see if there is a problem and by sending them the log they can diagnose and fix the problem quicker and easier.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #25 of 36 Old 11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Using this software can be a little confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it, just post up a question if you can't figure something out. What ever you do don't just randomly start putting stg. X maps into your car without knowing the side effects. The $52 map is a good starting point, but as with any other Off The Shelf map there is always some room to improve. Cobb did have there fair share of problems when they first came out with the AP, they even pulled a few maps if I remember correctly. All in all if you really want to do this kind of tuning on a budget this is the way to go, just read up on tuning Subarus before you start punching numbers into the little boxes..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #26 of 36 Old 11-10-2007, 07:31 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
ok well i just did a search on WINDOWS for C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\wrx
and i just drageds my xml file to it. now it works with ecu flash... im pretty confused lol...
The XPT maps use a seperate definiton that the Enginuity/Ecuflash because i think Braden uses Ecuedit.With Ecuedit you have to use XML Write to generate a ECU definiton for every map you want to veiw/manipulate.Ecuedit doesn't support definitions like Enginuity/Ecuflash.I'm not sure if www.getadomtune.com uses seperate definitons like XPT.I think he uses Enginuity.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #27 of 36 Old 11-12-2007, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

yea i figured it out.. but it wouldnt let me log yesterday.. could not connect to my ecu.. something was messed up on my biddies enginutity on his laptop.. it wouldnt let me switch out of com3.. my at home on my desktop swtiches but obviously cant bring my computer in the car to log haha.. unless i had a really really big extention cord. haha. but im getting my laptop this week so no worries... also im only hitting about 15.5-16 psi.. max. target 16.8 on this map right? how many turns you think go in? one at a time? the thing that sucks with one at a time it gets hot pretty fast! lol...

2001 COBRA
post #28 of 36 Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

only do 1/2 turn at a time

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
post #29 of 36 Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well did a total of one turn in with the arm. im hitting 16 pounds even. fine with me... but now today on the highway my boost spiked to 18ish then backed off then spiked back up again. like it wanted to run over 18 but computer wouldnt let it. i was in 4th which i know is the most load, hence most boost... so i am going to back it off half a turn. so total of half a turn in.. and sometimes around when i first boost the car up. (as in floor it after my car is fully warmed up) i dont romp on my car until its warmed up. it only hits 14 yet in 2nd and 3rd. so that why i wanted to turn the WG. i know boost has alot to do with weather also so. maybe ill just back it off half a turn and be done with it!.. but i did it stupid. i didnt even log the car yet. waiting for my laptop.. i wanted to wait to do any adjustments with the WG till i logged. but got impatient.. will put back tho till i log!!!

2001 COBRA
post #30 of 36 Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

your map is probably set to 14psi in 2nd and 3rd you will also notice it will taper of after about 5700 rpms it is a safety measure because of the stock turbo

p.s log the car asap dont do any more adjustments

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS