Thinking about a pro-tune as my next step... - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-24-2010, 01:08 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Aluminum driveshafts also dont fit as well as the stock one does. You usually have to modify your transmission tunnel (at least the ones I have looked at you do). Go Carbon Fiber if you are really serious about it, just my two cents.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Driveshaft shop aluminum shafts are rated to 150mph, cost $450-500..... I only go that fast when I'm at the salt flats.

CF is a very nice option - smaller diameter than aluminum so a smaller moment, couple lbs heaver, no speed limit... But they cost $1,500 new.

-Chris
#33 Old 09-24-2010, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Yeah I'd expect at least six grand for a proper tranmission build.....

Out here, there's a good enough guy at a dealership that you order the gears, and he'll put them in, and very well. Now just doing the gears moves the weak link to the diff's and axles. If you want to do it right, get gears, input shaft, clutch/fly, axles, and front diff. I'm even going to do my drive shaft while I'm at it... Saves about 20lbs going aluminum.
mine was 10ish

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#34 Old 09-24-2010, 04:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Dog box?

-Chris
#35 Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Driveshaft shop aluminum shafts are rated to 150mph, cost $450-500..... I only go that fast when I'm at the salt flats.

CF is a very nice option - smaller diameter than aluminum so a smaller moment, couple lbs heaver, no speed limit... But they cost $1,500 new.
I can hit 130 in 5th before I reach 7k rpm with my new mods....and I still have a whole another gear left. So, that limit would passed in another gear and a long straight situation for me.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#36 Old 09-27-2010, 02:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

I hit 142 at about 5500 rpm's in 5th gear.... The engine I'm building is going to rev to 8k, so I'll still have plenty of speed to gain. My only issue is when in the hell am I going to hit 150.... Besides my random trips to the salt flats, never. I may be moving away from SLC before too long as well so that takes my chances to zero.

-Chris