I currently have a daily driven 07 WRX with just over 60k miles.
Current power-related mods are:
Cobb AP (Stage 2, 93 Octane) off the shelf map
HKS Hi-Power Carbon-Ti cat back
Cobb catted downpipe w/ Cobb turbo heat shield
K&N panel air filter w/ GP Moto silencer delete elbow
Perrin lightweight crank pulley
STi hood scoop splitter/bellows
NGK LFR6AIX-11 spark plugs (stock replacement Iridium plugs installed @ 60k)
Synthetic oils all around
I also have a Walbro 255 lph high pressure fuel pump on its way which I'm thinking about installing shortly after it arrives since I don't think I need a tune for that... or I might wait a bit to install it.
After that, I think I've hit a wall. I know I could drop a decent chunk of cash and get an aftermarket turbo, larger tmic, headers, 3 port bcs, injectors, gauges, etc. and install everything all at once and get tuned for it, but since I'm not made of money and I like to buy quality parts, I'd like a nice intermediate step between where I'm at now with my basic Stage 2 bolt-ons and where I'd like to be - thinking around a 20G.
1. If I were to get professionally tuned for what I currently have and possibly one or two of the parts I mentioned above, what would you guys suggest?
2. What is my next limiting factor, power-wise?
3. What part(s) would I benefit most from a good tune?
4. Or would it be a better idea to find a good tuner in my area and talk to them and see what they suggest?
5. I'll probably do some research on this one, but what are some good tuners that you guys would recommend in the Maryland area - preferably one that works with the Cobb AP?
I don't think I'll be doing any of that until next spring/summer anyway, but I'm just trying to come up with a good plan of attack and I'd really appreciate any info/advice/opinions!