Tactrix stock car flash request - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Alexmartynyuk is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsr5dragon View Post
Ok so 17psi is possible on a stage1 tune is that with a tactrix 2.0 or an AP? also is it even possible to hit a stage 2 given the dp has that stupid non-belmouth 5bolt section and would it be a good idea to port and maybe polish the stock turbo or leave it alone?
Correct, 17 psi is what the 2011 is making that i tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
ok so i bought a opensource 2.0 block and cable blah blah... Ive installed ecuflash but im having trouble installing ram raider and the def. etc. can someone help me solve this problm so i can start my reflash an logging
post #18 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
No I mean 15psi. It's not how much boost your making, but the complete tune itself that makes the power.
no sir, boost is a big part of power making. And 15psi is on the low side for a stage 1 and won't even feel a difference. Boost matters, along with that timing and afr and avcs.
post #19 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
ok so i bought a opensource 2.0 block and cable blah blah... Ive installed ecuflash but im having trouble installing ram raider and the def. etc. can someone help me solve this problm so i can start my reflash an logging
what operating system? what problems are you having?
post #20 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
A stage 1 map will up the boost a couple of psi, and a stage 2 will bump it up even further...I don't really recommend going much over 18-19 psi on the stock injectors...That's just me.
A proper stage1 tune won't just be running more boost, timing will have to be redone, open loop fueling is also redone, avcs can be tweaked too, drive by wire tables will also have to be redone. much more than just running more boost. 18-19psi is nothing on stock injectors at stage 1, even stage 2 its still nothing.
post #21 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
no sir, boost is a big part of power making. And 15psi is on the low side for a stage 1 and won't even feel a difference. Boost matters, along with that timing and afr and avcs.
I realize that, but on a stg 1 car you'll want to smooth out the powerband rather than make as much boost as possible...I know a thing or two about this stuff...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #22 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
im running a windows vista operating system and ive tried to install it both by un-zipping it and it'll open the Run fill but than I cant upload defs. on the program, and ive try the normal install method which gets to the create a file part than after hitting next I get nothing
post #23 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
I realize that, but on a stg 1 car you'll want to smooth out the powerband rather than make as much boost as possible...I know a thing or two about this stuff...
I'm not saying you don't know anything but I'm saying if people are paying a couple of hundred bucks for a tune they would be disappointed with little to no results which 15psi would do even if you advanced timing out the a$$ and leaned out the afr to try to get the same power and that would be a dangerous way to do it so might as well do it right. Stage 1 is meant to be a performance upgrade not just to smooth out the powerband so what I do is try to achieve decent power without sacrificing reliability and driveability. I have tuning experience so I know what I'm talking about too but a lot of times I can't explain everything the way I want to in writing and over the forums.
post #24 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
im running a windows vista operating system and ive tried to install it both by un-zipping it and it'll open the Run fill but than I cant upload defs. on the program, and ive try the normal install method which gets to the create a file part than after hitting next I get nothing
First you install Romraider then you open it and go to "ECU Definitions" and select "ECU Definition Manager" in the drop down and then click "Add" in the pop up window, after that select your definition file wherever it is on your desktop or download folder and hit open then click apply then save. As for installing romraider try right clicking on the installation file and run it as administrator.
post #25 of 29 Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
I tried all of that and come to findout that all i could do is unzip the zipped version and than set it up in its own file. That worked and I already uploaded the ecu_defs.xml on their as well as the logger.xml, it just took me awhile.
My next problem is I cant seem to find the maps to download to use on ecuFlash. the XPL maps I'd rather not buy until im hitting stage2 to 3. Can someone give me a link an help me out on a good stage 1 and 2 map so I can get this started
ive read about the cobb maps and not being as good as a TP maps. Is this a good stage 1-2 or by opinion is there a better map to use

Last edited by Dsr5dragon; 11-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
post #26 of 29 Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
I tried all of that and come to findout that all i could do is unzip the zipped version and than set it up in its own file. That worked and I already uploaded the ecu_defs.xml on their as well as the logger.xml, it just took me awhile.
My next problem is I cant seem to find the maps to download to use on ecuFlash. the XPL maps I'd rather not buy until im hitting stage2 to 3. Can someone give me a link an help me out on a good stage 1 and 2 map so I can get this started
ive read about the cobb maps and not being as good as a TP maps. Is this a good stage 1-2 or by opinion is there a better map to use
I might have a 2012 stage 1 map that I can email you but I have to dig through my tuning laptop. If your car is stock use ONLY a STAGE 1 map. A great place to find maps is here: RomRaider • View forum - WRX Base Maps
post #27 of 29 Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
yeah i found a few on there i might modify a little since they are 2010 maps. if you have a stage1 2012 map i can look at and work with that'd be awesome if you'd send it to me, pm me with it.
Also im having problems with the op2.0 even seeing my car when i try to read it, i get all the way to read ecu button on ecuflash but than theirs nothing on the read page. Is my definition the problem here or is it the op2.0/cable thats not talking to the obdII?
post #28 of 29 Old 11-19-2012, 12:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
yeah i found a few on there i might modify a little since they are 2010 maps. if you have a stage1 2012 map i can look at and work with that'd be awesome if you'd send it to me, pm me with it.
Also im having problems with the op2.0 even seeing my car when i try to read it, i get all the way to read ecu button on ecuflash but than theirs nothing on the read page. Is my definition the problem here or is it the op2.0/cable thats not talking to the obdII?
Well I checked my laptop and I don't have any 2012 maps so I will have to make a basemap for you. Sounds like you aren't up to date on your defs but are probably missing the defs for 2012 wrx and as far as I know there aren't any out there except for experimental defs. I will try to search around for some defs and link you.
post #29 of 29 Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Id appreciate that, i did load some exp defs but im not confident on there compatibility and i know i just need to past over somethings on an older map onto a copy of mine an more or less keep somethings on the 2012mapcar alone.
Any help would be appreciated to get me in the right direction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement