Tactrix stock car flash request - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Tactrix stock car flash request

I was wondering about flashing my 2012 wrx wagon with openport/tactrix and figured id ask about the quality of the stock reflash on this year, any issues or advantages to the stock reflash before anying a downpipe or intake? and if anyone was in the ft drum, watertown NY area or able to either help Or willing to flash my ecu for me before i get mine in late dec.?

Last edited by Dsr5dragon; 11-03-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: . Correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Stock Reflash? No point unless you mean a stg. 1 map reflash, which would be better than the stock map from what I hear.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 11-04-2012, 07:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Yea thats what im talking about. If anyone is able to do that and knows if itz even worth it thatd be great. Also is it even possible to increase boost say to 18 - 20psi with the stage 1 flash or am i needing supporting mods to increase boost at all, any help from someone here or close by would be much appreciated
#4 Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You'll want supporting mods for anything beyond stg.1 18-20psi is stg.2 area, but I believe you'd need a different BPV because the factory one on the newer cars leaks badly after 18psi. Might be someone to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on that.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
If anyone has info on that itd be awesome cause if i could up the boost a little like 2psi including the stage 1 before i have to buy any supporting mods like pump or injectors or bpv than thatd be great. Still looking for someone to chime in on help with a tune around here as well
#6 Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

A stg 2 is basically just a turbo back exhaust and a tune. Once you start adding injectors and things of that nature it's pretty much not a "staged car" anymore... I am pretty sure the stock BPV will hold a stg. 2 car over for a while... Do you have a cable and laptop or are you looking for someone with that stuff locally?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Oh ok well the 2012 wrx has a dual exhaust stock and from reading isn't restrictive till upwards of 300+ hp and the only thing to worry about is the downpipe for now. So with that being said it seems like i could possibly up the psi a few pounds and do the stage 1 or 2 without to much of a problem. Also even if i do go that way im gonna have a downpipe in dec. So i could possibly drive it on that tune till than.
i do have a cable but i need the labtop and openport2.0 to tune the car cause i dont think a galaxy tab will work with the programs needed

Last edited by Dsr5dragon; 11-04-2012 at 02:07 PM.
#8 Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

A stage 1 map will up the boost a couple of psi, and a stage 2 will bump it up even further...I don't really recommend going much over 18-19 psi on the stock injectors...That's just me.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#9 Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Yea 18psi is what im shouting for an a smoother power band, but i needed someone willing to help me flash my car for me to either stage 1 or 2. I have supporting mods coming soon and i currently have a bpv, adapter, tmic mod and all gauges need to properly monitor my car. So if anyone is nice enough to help id appreciate it a lot
#10 Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Ok so i guess no one is around my area or is willing to help me out. Im quite sure the stage2 flash would work great with my car until Dec so any help would be great
#11 Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Alexmartynyuk is an unknown
18+ is pushing it for stage 1. I tuned an 11 and set boost to 17psi, 18+ and your risking blowing your plastic off of the core on the stock tmic. And there is a huge difference between the stock map and the stage 1 tune that I did. Made approximately 260whp according to airboys spreadsheet.
#12 Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
Ok so 17psi is possible on a stage1 tune is that with a tactrix 2.0 or an AP? also is it even possible to hit a stage 2 given the dp has that stupid non-belmouth 5bolt section and would it be a good idea to port and maybe polish the stock turbo or leave it alone?
#13 Old 11-11-2012, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsr5dragon View Post
Ok so 17psi is possible on a stage1 tune is that with a tactrix 2.0 or an AP? also is it even possible to hit a stage 2 given the dp has that stupid non-belmouth 5bolt section and would it be a good idea to port and maybe polish the stock turbo or leave it alone?
No. 15psi would be the max on a stg. 1. If you go wit a stg.2 you'll need a DP whether it be bellmouth or divorced. Leave the turbo alone.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#14 Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dsr5dragon is an unknown
really the stock psi is 14.5 so it wouldnt up it at all or did you mean 17psi?
#15 Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

No I mean 15psi. It's not how much boost your making, but the complete tune itself that makes the power.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...